The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic Exchange in Africa. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform to serve the national development goals through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and with integrity. ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, Members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to recruited motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
1. Position: Application Developer
Job Grade: 8
Duty Station: Addis Ababa Head Office
Availability: As Soon As Possible
Job Purpose: The purpose of this job is to design, develop, maintain and enhance new or existing applications; to ensure effective and efficient web and windows based software development, system support and troubleshooting of enterprise solutions with high availability and high performance requirements; to provide tier II advanced technical support for all business and corporate applications software and a database which encompasses support and maintenance of headquarter and regional trading centers application software,
SUMMARY MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops programming code and software modifications using appropriate languages and tools to provide responsive and innovative solutions, and new functionality;
- Researches, designs, and develops prototypes specific to selected products and technologies to demonstrate utility, productivity enhancements, and cost savings;
- Writes documentation to provide user support for programs and for production/operating procedures;
- Develops, maintains and supports associated databases;
- Analyses user system and application needs, determine and evaluate potential solutions, develop system specifications and requirements, and design application programs to meet the requirements;
- Designs integrated solutions which may include applications, databases, networks, and related systems;
- Structures, implements, and maintains database systems;
- Participates in the establishment and review of policies, standards and procedures to ensure useful and readily accessible data.
- Analyses data requirements, develops and documents data dictionary, and develops data model
- Works with business users to elicit business requirements based on project schedule;
- Develop software development plan in consultation with the line manager;
- Proactively communicates progress reports, issues and risks on each tasks every week;
- Work in data warehouse system as assigned by the department manager
- Ensure that the necessary software related support and enhancements are provided to Tickers, SMS, and IVR, website and MIKs
- Evaluate produced assessment report to introduce best practice ideas, methods and processes
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Required Qualification and Experience
· MSc\BSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information System or other related field.
· 2/4 years relevant IT related experience out of which 2 years on software development experience
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant important documents via: firstname.lastname@example.org or on www.etcareers.com, or in hard copy by post with position marked on the envelope: Ethiopia Commodity Exchange, P.O. Box 17341, Addis Ababa on or before April 24, 2019.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION & LOCATION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
ECX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.