We are delighted to announce that we are building a new team in Addis Ababa and we are looking for an efficient Logistics & Administration Officer to deliver administrative support to a programme.
About the programme
Building Resilience in Ethiopia (BRE) is a programme funded by the UK Department for International Development. This programme will support ‘the Government of Ethiopia in leading and delivering an effective, more self-financed and accountable response to climate and humanitarian shocks’. The programme will also play a key role in better monitoring and evaluating humanitarian delivery in Ethiopia, particularly under the broader BRE programme.
About the role
Reporting to the Deputy Team Leader, you will be responsible for delivering administrative support to the team, ensuring the appropriate application of all company policies and processes and overall supporting the programme operations.
As a core member of the team, you will work with team members based in Addis Ababa and in Oxford (UK), taking accountabilities for the activities below:
- Ensuring compliance to national, DFID and company policies and processes; including fraud issues, fund diversion, corruption and all other systems are in place and functioning;
- Ensuring that the company procurement processes from the purchase request up to the payments and delivery of the items and services are firmly followed
- Improving efficiencies in the programme procurement services, including instituting preferred supplier agreements;
- Monitoring all procured assets to ensure proper inventory and physical management of assets
- Providing logistical and coordination support to the programme (hotel bookings, long-term accommodation, national airfares)
- Acting as the country contact for safety and security (as the security focal person) and ensuring the local team is adhering to all safety and security procedures;
- Line managing the Office Administrator
- Ensuring consistency and reliability of quality office accommodations and supplies, both in Addis Ababa and other regional locations;
- Organising programme events in collaboration with the Programme Officer
- Supervising the day-to-day management of the office, including health and safety;
- Monitoring property leases, relevant insurances, telephone services and utilities;
- Providing accurate monthly and quarterly logistics and administration reports to the Deputy Team Leader and the Programme Manager.
- Performing other related duties as required.
- Job Requirements:
Requirements to succeed in this role
- A degree in Logistics, Business Administration, Finance or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in a similar operational role and programme coordination
- Previous experience in security monitoring and protocols
- Strong organisational skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Solid knowledge of office procedures
- Attention to detail and a flexible approach to work;
- Ability to supervise others, conduct training, and manage performance appropriately.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Amharic
- How To Apply:
Candidates should apply by submitting a cover letter and a CV by Wednesday 18 September 2019 with the link below
Your cover letter should outline your motivation for applying, how you meet the required competencies, and how your previous work and education experience will enable you to succeed in the role. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
For full details of how we will use your personal data please see our Recruitment Privacy Notice is available at https://www.opml.co.uk/files/opm-recruitment-privacy-notice.pdf