Supervising and monitoring the implementation of the systems and communications' software and hardware in the mission, according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures in order to ensure the efficient use of ICT systems and equipment.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
* Together with the Deputy Logco technical and the logistics Coordinator analyze the ICT needs of the mission, draw up a draft of the ICT budget, and design an adapted strategy aiming to optimize the investment on information and communication technology.
* Identify potential ICT service and supply providers.
* Plan and provide network security to ensure that appropriate access control is used internally on the LAN/WLAN’s, and to prevent intrusions.
* Provide a 1st and 2nd level help desk management system (support) and training to users (on software, hardware, telecom problems, etc.) in order to satisfy their needs, ensure fluent communications in the mission as well as the correct use, maintenance and running of IT equipments and networks.
* Provide corrective and preventive maintenance activities (check-up, cleaning, etc.), managing and updating a small stock of spare parts and replacing obsolete materials when necessary, of ICT environments, telecom and hardware equipments, according to MSF policies and procedures in place at any time.
* Ensure updating and upgrading activities in order to ensure that all the users and their equipments on the network are standardized with respect to virus protection, software, hardware and network configuration.
* Ensure questions and problems related to ITC are solved (if appropriate, according to MSF policies and procedures in force at any time). Register reports and refer unsolved questions and problems, as well as unusual requests, to the respective support units in order to actively provide solutions and ensure quality standards.
* Execute security management protocols (backups, anti-malware updates and software patching; firewall protection; radio protection, etc.) in order to ensure an immediate operational recovery/continuity in case of emergency and data security & availability.
* Train technical Logs and Logistics team leaders on daily maintenance tasks and 1st level support, and radio operators in order to improve ICT staff capabilities and to improve lead time response.
* Provide GIS support for operation needs; base maps, mobile data collection (ODK), assessments, external data, WER…
* Ensure the proper functioning of the different communication modes (VHF, HF radios, internet, mobile, sat phones, ...) and ICT equipments
* Ensure updated contact lists are available in the mission
* Ensure the proper tracking and followup of ICT equipments
* Regular visit to the projects for ICT support
Essential, advanced diploma in IT.
Desirable degree in technical engineering
At least 2 in IT related jobs.
Desirable experience in MSF.
Desirable experience in administration and recovery of backups (MS, C, Veritas, etc.)
Essential, mission working language; essential working knowledge of English and good command of ICT English.
Administration of Operational Systems (XP-Pro, W7, W2003 Server, Linux)
MS Office 2003/2007/2010
Microsoft Networks configuration and set up (network components –switch and routers-, Ethernet, wifi, Bluetooth)
Protocols: TCP/IP, LAN, WAN
Apps development languages: platforms.NET, Java, Eclipse RCP
Configuration and set up of networks: Desktops, Laptops and peripheric
Mail clients: Outlook, Mozilla, Lotus
Picture creation: ISO, MDF, CSO, etc.
Other: SAP R3, Citrix, Remote Desktop Access.
Results and Quality Orientation L2
Teamwork and Cooperation L2
Behavioural Flexibility L2
Commitment to MSF Participles L2
Stress Management L3
All applicants should send a CV, cover letter, educational records, work certificates and copy of id. Card either by email to email@example.com (please indicate ¨On the subject box: the vacancy title) OR give in person to MSF Spain Offices in Addis Ababa/ Gambella/ Dolo Ado/ Hawassa/ Jigjiga.
Posting date: 13 September 2019
Closing date: 23 September 2019
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.