Unilever produces high quality and affordable home care, personal care and food brands that are sold in over 190 countries worldwide. We have a long-standing history of building up businesses and working with emerging consumers in different countries. Unilever opened its office & Factory in Ethiopia in the year 2014 to engage in manufacturing consumer products.
Main Job Purpose:
The Craft Technician is professionally competent and qualified to operate safely at a post apprentice level in either Electrical Engineering.
The Craft Technician is responsible for ensuring maximum availability of production plant across the Sourcing Unit utilizing excellent technical skills for improvements and modifications and sound application of WCM methodology. All actions must contribute to the delivery of operational KPIs (Productivity, Quality, Safety, Health and Environment, Cost, Delivery, Morale and Innovation (PQSCDMI)). She/he must be a mentally agile and advanced problem solver who is able to maximize machinery operations whilst minimizing waste. The Craft Technician (Single-Skilled) must be able to coach and develop the Machine Operator’s and Technical Operator’s core technical awareness and skills.
- Mechanical Skills and Focused Technician; knowledge and application of technical skills and expertise to ensure the provision of effective engineering support within the team, focused on delivering performance targets. Directly contributes to improved safety, quality, sustainability, and cost.
· Preventative Maintenance Specialist and user of Condition Based Monitoring.
· Fully Operational on Mechanisms, Motion.
- Safety - Utilize appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products, and equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole team.
- Environment - Reduce costs due to waste and minimize the impact on health, safety, and the environment through working to eliminate waste and through the correct management of waste and hazardous materials.
- Quality - Ensure that all aspects of Quality within the area of responsibility are in accordance with local Quality procedures to protect and promote the brand and product.
- Leadership - Promote the development of a highly effective team through strong communication, leading by example whilst keeping focused on goals and targets. Great teams and great leaders will achieve superior performance.
- Continuous Improvement - Use performance measures to identify and priorities losses in the production area. Apply rigorous Cost Deployment and the Zero loss concept to eliminate losses.
- WCM - Knowledge and understanding of the key principles of WCM and the impact this has on the Key Performance Indicators in the production area (PQSCDMI); must understand the critical inter-relation between WCM and TPM.
- Problem Solving - Has the ability to identify, priorities and address problems using appropriate tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence.
- Project Management – Achieve the desired outcomes of the project in line with agreed plans using appropriate project management tools and techniques to ensure the efficient use of technical, financial and human resources.
- Business Awareness - Understanding of the need to meet changing demands and the role of marketing and product innovation in growing the business and increasing the company's share.
- Job Requirements:
Core Engineering Skills and manufacturing experience in Mechanical disciplines with 3 years working experience in manufacturing setup.
· Experience of working as part of an extended team within the manufacturing sector.
· Strong coaching and communication skills.
· Proven analytical skills.
PREFERRED / DESIRABLE:
Experience of manufacturing in a Fast-Moving Consumer Goods Company and World Class Manufacturing.
Experience as a team member within a Project Management team with an awareness of project management tools and techniques.
- How To Apply:
Applicants who fulfill the above criteria can send their non-returnable CVs before the application deadline Via Deborah.Garsamo@unilever.com email address, referring the position title in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates are required at this stage; applicant who doesn't follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Please title your application with a subject line: - " Mechanical Technician”
· Women are highly encouraged to apply.· NB. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted