We are currently looking to hire a Delivery Associate to Join our Team. He/she will be responsible to ensure that all store door import/export requirements are maintained to ensure the timely departure of import/export cargo as per service delivery requirements, Reports daily store door movements, service failure issues and other challenges to supervisor, Improves Inland Operations' processes, Coordinates with Road, rail, line and terminal operations to ensure movement of containers as planned, Maintains data integrity through accurate inputs/updates to all related systems and Implements methods and measures to drive intermodal, positioning, overweight, customs rent and storage costs down.
At Maersk, you’ll be part of a global team motivated by bringing food and commodities to people in every corner of the world. We do this through close partnerships with our valued customers, who trade everything from seafood and fruits, to clothes, electronics and cars! No matter our role in the Region our end goal is to simplify the lives of our customers. This is done through seamless processes, best in class digital solutions, and great customer service! So, we offer:
i. Results orientation
ii. Improved commercial and leadership capabilities
iii. Interaction within broader Area for best practice sharing
iv. Creating network within the global organization
v. Understand market and customer drivers
vi. Improve understanding of how best to generate profit for Maersk
Moreover, you will expand your customer network and enrich your market and product knowledge while enhancing the Maersk's leadership position and contributing to the continuous success of the Maersk organization.
The main responsibility of the position is to ensure a smooth operation / service delivery of each Through Bill of Lading;
- Follow local intermodal procedures which are in line with global SOP.
- Use designated MLB system as the daily intermodal dispatch tool.
- Keep close track on the service providers and ensure they perform in accordance with the signed contracts and SOPs. Report non conformance of vendor’s service and data quality.
- Submit manifests to vendors on time to facilitate documentation and railing / trucking of containers.
- Ensure operational efficiencies are brought to the attention of the Delivery Manager and incorporated.
- Ensure that customer service is of the highest standard
- Coordinate Triple C shipments to ensure OTD of all cargo as per requirement
Cost Leadership and Transparency
- Optimize intermodal resource and cost allocation process according to global intermodal SOP, to ensure the best service at the best possible price to ensure the maximum value for money is received.
- Reach the best optimized operation for maximum cost saving.
- Close to local market to be aware of maerket intermodal strategy and price.
- Liaise with cost control and CS to ensure all costs are correctly captured and recovered from Customer
- Identify and report potential risks and issues while implementing global intermodal SOP and METS+.
- Optimize local intermodal procedures to be in line with global intermodal SOP
- Maintain daily operation communication with internal and external customers, including order validation and acceptance.
- Meet customer’s satisfaction per customer service’s instruction
SOP Setup and Update
- Set up SOP between internal and external parties for trucking, railing / trucking arrangements, work order dispatch and other matters which need to be coordinated. Ensure these SOPs are strictly followed
- Ensure all queries related to Intermodal from internal and external parties are attended quickly and properly.
- Respond to all enquiries via email, letter or telephone in a timely manner no later than 2hours after receipt.
- Be punctual to work and all business appointments.
- Ensure that the Maersk Line vision and core values guide you.
- Make suggestions for improvements in all matters within your area of responsibility
- Actively take part in the process of understanding the interaction and cooperation between all sections and departments, and personally use this knowledge to contribute to smooth daily tasks
- Daily work order dispatch statistics.
- Timely report system error or other problems and take record.
• International Shipping, transportation Planning, Logistics management, Customer Service, Communication, Sales and Leadership skills.
You are a dynamic individual dedicated to the job and loving team work. You are ready and always prepared to go the extra mile to deliver on what MaerskLine/Safmarine has promised to customers.
Works well under pressure. Understand process thinking and operational processes, result oriented and strong sense of urgency. Ability to identify weak spots and proactively engage in analysis and solutions. Can timely communicate internally and externally to relevant stakeholders. Ensure that all activities within the intermodal, rail, barge departments are handles in a proper and timely manner. Be a value adding team player. Have an excellent knowledge of the English language. Have 2 years or more in the container business. However, a combination of talent and proven portfolio will also count as qualifier.