Fintrac is looking to hire an Accountant for the Feed the Future Ethiopia Value Chain Activity National Office in Addis Ababa. The activity will contribute to Ethiopia's government's objective of improving agricultural productivity and the commercialization of smallholder farmers through an inclusive approach that integrates nutrition-sensitive interventions and climate-smart agriculture with value chain development. The five-year activity will work across key value chains of maize, coffee, chickpea, dairy, and livestock. The Accountant will be based in Addis Ababa and reports to the Finance Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain all financial document in such a way that easy access is possible; Ensure the maintenance of proper accounting documentation.
- Assists the Finance Manager in all aspects of the project accounting and financial management.
- Oversee the processing of accounting transactions according to the general principles of accounting and adhere to home office field accounting manual procedures.
- Provide a first review of all accounting transactions entered into accounting system
- Review procurement transactions prepared by Operations team to ensure that all supporting documentation and approvals are accurate
- Review all coding sheets before they are sent to the Internal Compliance Officer and Finance Manager.
- Ensure all transactions comply with USAID rules and regulations
- Verifies and prepares all check after ensuring the availability of sufficient bank balance and current USD exchange rate to cover the required payment documentation and authorization is presented to effect payment;
- Ensures that required documentation and authorization is presented and the amount collected is deposited into the bank's account: verifies documents for accuracy and then prepares Cash Receipt Voucher and attaches appropriate source documents;
- Facilitate the provision of information and documentation during audits.
- Support the Finance Manager as a liaison to other administrative and technical components to manage project financial budgeting and expenditure progress.
- Assist the Finance Manager in weekly reconciliation of Account Receivables and Account Payables.
- Oversee the bank reconciliation process.
- Follow up and settle travel advances on timely bases;
- Oversee processing of payroll each month and prepare salary receipt/payroll forms, as well as the employer pension contributions
- Liaise with the income tax authority and remit employee withholdings monthly.
- Responsible for organizing, scanning, and filing all financial documents weekly and monthly to report to Home office thoroughly . Scan all finance documents and upload on Dropbox weekly.
- Declare monthly salary income tax and pension. Prepare a 2% withholding tax every day, prepare a monthly report, and declare monthly. Travel to field events and pay participants per dime, transport, and accommodation. Ensure all documents of participants are complete and settled as to Fintrac non-staff police. Assist in payments of participants Per-diem on events in the fields; And performs other incidental duties as assigned; Reviews field training payments paid by field staff according to non-staff police.
- Prepare monthly VAT refund, organize all documents subject to VAT refund, fill in the VAT refund form and submit to USAID.
- Preparation of deposit vouchers settlement of advance, prepare vouchers for supplier payments, staff advance, staff expanse reimbursement and others.
- Prepare bank wire transfers and checks and keep track of paid amounts on bank register.
- Collects bank advises and attaches to respective bank transfer vouchers for filing.
- Posting vouchers into Quick Books.
- Bachelor's degree, accounting or related field preferred;
- Certified Public Accountant accreditation is preferred.
- 5+ years of general ledger accounting experience; previous experience in an NGO environment and/or USAID funded project is highly desirable.
- Must be able to work with complex data, identify, define problems and recommend solutions, and understand accounting software;
- Good communication skills, team player, willing to work long hours when needed
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and work effectively under pressure; High level of reliability and honesty
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously, independently, and meet deadlines without compromising quality;
- Experience with accounting software, preferably Quick Books;
- Proficiency in computer application software and MS Office, such as Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Amharic.
How to Apply
Candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to ftfe-vca_recruit@Fintrac.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
On the subject line, please clearly write the position you are applying for
Telephone communication will result automatic disqualification.
Application Deadline is October 15, 2020