Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years and present in 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners. Plan International Ethiopia is looking for Finance Assistant for Oromia Program Area, Addis Ababa who will be reporting to the Finance Officer.
- Responsible to handle Petty cash for daily operations
- Responsible to effect withholding, income tax and pension to the revenue inland authority before the deadline.
- Ensures that all financial documents are filed, signed and kept appropriately
- Responsible for transferring of cash to our different field offices, according to the approved TOR and request.
- Ensure that all documents are stamped to avoid double payment
- Preparing payment voucher, cash receipt, withholding tax voucher for suppliers, purchase order, journal vouchers, and submit the hard copy to be reviewed & approved.
- Review all documents before to effect the payment according to all required check list /government compliance, donor compliance and depending to the organizational guide line
- Preparing cheque after checking all financial documents are reviewed & approved.
- Prepare documentation per standard
- Ensures that adequate cash on hand is available for daily operation of the office.
- Responsible to effect payments in the office or in different fields according to the approved TOR and the validity of the documents.
- Performs any other duty assigned by his/her immediate supervisor.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Communicates with the department team.
- Communicates & Closely work with the OPA finance team, program staffs & the field team
- Communicate with External auditors
- Communicate with Inland Revenue and various Banks
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
B.A. degree in Accounting. Two years of relevant experience with financial transaction
- Good working knowledge at NGO environment.
- Good knowledge of influencing others.
- Good knowledge of accounting and Ethiopian taxes
- Good analytical skill
Skills Specific to the Post
- Knowledge on computer applications; Excel, word
- Good communication skills
Competencies and values
- Ethical, supportive and team player
- Self-motivated and self-starter
- Able to work with minimum supervision on his/ her assignments
- Enthusiasm to represent Plan International Ethiopia to others
Leadership Attitudes & Behaviours
- No leadership is required. Should be able to appreciate team work.
The closing date for the application is November 10, 2020.
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
- Applications and CVs written in English will be accepted and
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.