The Officer responsibilities would include:
- Management of contributions in accordance with procedures of the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida);
- Support gender mainstreaming in the entire contribution portfolio;
- Engage in policy dialogue with the cooperation partners on gender equality;
- Participate in consultations and coordination with donor groups;
- Serve as a focal point for Gender Equality and coordinate the Embassy and Strategy-related follow-up and reporting regarding gender equality;
- Participate in all regular activities of the regional section and the Embassy;
- Work with Sida’s gender team and contribute to dissemination of knowledge and information on gender equality priorities;
- Organize capacity strengthening initiatives on gender mainstreaming.
The tasks to be undertaken require a certain amount of travel, mainly within Africa.
- Documented academic degree, minimum at Master’s level, with direct relevance for the thematic areas covered;
- Fluency in English (both oral and written);
- Extensive experience of computer programs, applications and systems.
Required work experience:
- At least 5 years documented experience of work related to Gender Equality, Human Security, Democracy and Human Rights preferably in a regional context; and at least 5 years documented experience of managing donor-funded programs and projects in a development cooperation context.
Additional qualifications considered as merits are:
- Proven capacity to work independently, take leadership of processes, manage programs and budgets, create relevant professional networks and to conduct dialogue and negotiations with partners and colleagues;
- Good communication skills;
- A results-oriented approach to work as well as practical experience from Results Based Management (RBM);
- Solid experience from the field of gender equality, both targeted programs and mainstreaming, in Africa, including a good understanding of regional policy and legal frameworks;
- Experience from institutional capacity building programs;
- Experience from multilateral institutions or regional economic communities;
- Experience in risk assessment and anti-corruption;
- Good command of French and Swedish language skills.
For more information on Swedish regional development cooperation, see https://www.swedenabroad.se/en/embassies/ethiopia-addis-abeba/about-us/regional-development-cooperation or www.sida.se,or www.government.se/country-and-regional-strategies/2016/07/strategy-for-swedens-regional-development-cooperation-in-sub-saharan-africa-2016-2021.
Ethiopian citizens, and citizens of other countries resident in Ethiopia and entitled to work in Ethiopia, are eligible to apply. Quote from the Embassy Code of Conduct: “We work to ensure that neither direct nor indirect discrimination might take place in the line of duty, on grounds of gender, age, ethnic origin, religion or other beliefs, sexual orientation, position, disability or illness.”
The vacancy is a local position, full-time, starting with a probation period of 6 months with the possibility of permanent employment. An individual salary system is applied.
HOW TO APPLY
Starting date: 11 January 2020
Applicants should submit application by e-mail, to the Embassy of Sweden in Addis Ababa:
- A brief CV, with details of education and work experience;
- A one-page letter of application in English, setting out why you consider yourself a good candidate for this particular post;
- Contact details for two reference persons who are willing to provide a reference on your character and work capacity;
- Clear contact phone numbers and addresses in Ethiopia where the Embassy can rapidly make contact with you.
Send the application to: firstname.lastname@example.org Indicate ‘Your Name’ – UM2020/38860/ADDI as the subject to the email. Application should be submitted by Friday 20 November 2020 at the latest. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Questions may be received by Ms Helena Badagard and Mr Ulf Ekdahl at the Embassy’s Regional Section, by e-mail (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone: 011-518 00 00 (switchboard).