Job Title: Education Officer - (Re-Advertised)
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Jijiga, Ethiopia
Emergency education officer will be responsible for the timely start-up and successful implementation of education in emergency response activities in the Woredas delivering the target deliverables under the education in Emergencies project. S/he will work in close collaboration with and active involvement of Woreda education officials, teachers/facilitators, cluster supervisors, Kebele Education and Training Board (KETB), PTA’s/CMC members, school age children and IDP communities.
With the direct supervision of the Education Emergency manager, the incumbent leads the Education in Emergencies project timely implementation, monitoring and evaluation and reporting of agreed activities in target Woreda of Mula and Goljano Fafan Zones.
Involves in the rapid assessment of the emergency education needs.
- Ensures the quality day-to-day implementation of the education activities.
- Keeps the record of number of beneficiaries in the target area
- Works very closely with supply chain and finance to deliver the project activities on time
- Facilitates the ASR and/or ALP based on the need on the ground
- Daily follow up with Learning Facilitators/Community Volunteers to ensure quality learning sessions.
- Works with the parent-teacher association (PTSA) to ensure that children are enrolled in the TLS or existing schools.
- Conducts in-service teachers/facilitators trainings based on teachers training needs.
- Ensures that the teaching-learning process is in place in the temporary learning spaces or existing school.
- Develops activity and spending plan once the budget is released.
- Ensures effective budget management based on existing tools (PR tracking and Budget versus Actual) to avoid under or over spending. Tracks the PR on regular basis to ensure the quality budget management.
- Represents the IRC in any external meetings at the local level.
- Drafts monthly reports on IRC template and quarterly reports on the donor template.
- Drafts the 5Ws on the basis of template and shares with the EiE manager on monthly basis.
- BA/BED in Education, Education Planning and Management or other fields related to the position.
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in the education sector
- NGO experience will be an advantage
- Experience in handling emergency projects
- Good technical and report writing skill
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Somali language is a plus
- Ability to meet to perform her/his activities within short period of time
- Computer literate with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply!