The Opportunity (Mobile Health and Nutrition Officer – Midwifery)
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Conduct & undertake PHC like consultation & provide proper treatment based on the protocol
• Strengthening of linkages and coordination mechanisms between community and the woreda health bureaus
• Strengthening of early referrals mechanism in the Health facilities,
• Ensure pregnant and lactating mothers receive appropriate care and services in the Outreach and health facilities.
• Promote counselling of mothers on early initiation of Breast feeding and continue up to 2 years of age.
• Ensure all essential actions are put in place for sick and healthy babies in the outreach sites.
• Establish Mother to mother support groups in the outreach sites and provide one to one counseling.
• Plan and implement project outlined in the protocol for OTP and SC to achieve objectives of the project.
• The health and nutrition Midwifery Nurse will help facilitate admission of the patient at the OTP, and SC.
• Train and support the HEWs in severe acute malnutrition case management and follow-up (e.g., referral to SC) according to national guidelines.
• Train and support community-based volunteer health workers for the implementation of the community component of the project.
• Ensure each and every admitted child receives adequate and quality clinical and nutritional care through existing resources.
• Ensure at all times adequately equipped and supplied with the necessary nutritional and clinical requirements - Plumpy'nut, Vitamin A, routine drugs, nutritional equipment’s, nutritional/medical stationeries, etc.
• Assisting the planning and promotion of awareness creation on nutrition and preventative health care issues in the community.
• Perform other extra duties as required.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
MINIMUM QUALFICATION, EXPEREINCE, COMPETENCIES
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector (if you prefer to add a specific salary range please do).