Salary: 494,089 ETB
Vacancy type: Term/Indeterminate
This position is a LES (Locally Engaged Staff) position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Ethiopia.
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Closing date for applications: 06-01-2021 at 23:59 UTC/GMT
Summary of position:
The Embassy of Canada in Ethiopia has a requirement for a Finance and Contracts Officer with responsibilities including:
• Support budget and financial management;
• Support management of contracts;
• Liaison with Global Affairs Canada headquarters and local government authorities;
• Program and mission administration and logistics; and
• Other duties as required.
Candidates will initially be screened against the essential qualifications by demonstrating in their cover letter and CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications. Only candidates that meet the language, experience and education qualifications will be invited for assessment.Education:
• Completed Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration, or a relevant fieldLanguage:
• Fluency in English (written and spoken)
• Fluency in Amharic (written and spoken)Experience:
• At least 5 years of recent* experience in a large national company, multinational corporation, international organization or diplomatic mission in any of the following areas:
o Financial and administrative support for a team
o Contract, procurement, and budgeting for a team
- Recent is defined as within the last 10 years
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.Knowledge:
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge of basic accounting in an office environment
• Knowledge of general procedures for tracking and reporting financial transactions
• Knowledge of electronic and manual information management systemsAbilities/competencies:
• Organized and detail oriented
• Teamwork and cooperation
• Effective Interactive Communication Skills (oral & written)
• Professional Integrity
• Ability to coordinate conflicting priorities within tight deadlines and meet work targets
Preference may be given to candidates who have the following asset qualifications
• Proficiency in French
If candidates meet the factors listed in the asset qualifications, they must also clearly demonstrate how they meet these factors in their covering letter.
• Occasional travel to other Canadian missions or Consulates in the region
• Required to occasionally work overtime, weekends and after normal working hours
Condition(s) of Employment:
• Any job offer is subject to Reliability security screening (including a criminal record and credit check).
• Proof of right to work in Ethiopia and copies of educational qualifications will be required at the interview stage of the process.
• Must have a valid work permit for Ethiopia at the time of submitting their application. Before an offer of employment can be made, candidates must provide a local address as proof of residence so that if selected, it will appear on the offer letter.
Area of selection:
Open to internal and external applicants who are legal residents or citizens of Ethiopia, who meet all of the essential requirements stated below, and whose applications are received by the closing date. Please note the Embassy of Canada to Ethiopia does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interview nor does it reimburse any relocation costs. Embassy of Canada to Ethiopia does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly on behalf of candidates. If candidates need any special assistance in terms of attending exams or interviews, then please let us know during the application process. The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered based on merit. Our organization offers an inclusive workplace where respect, teamwork, and collaboration are part of our culture. Canada’s missions abroad are committed to promoting and supporting an environment free from harassment and discrimination, as well as encouraging and supporting employees to learn and develop their skills and competencies.
How to apply:
• Candidates are required to upload a cover letter and CV in English or French. Applications which do not include the requested documents or information in the CV or cover letter will be rejected. Any additional information must be included as part of these two attachments.
• Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to: LES-E-Recruitment-BRLIN@international.gc.ca prior to the closing date. Failure to so will result in the application being rejected.
• Please do not use a tablet or cell phone to submit your application, as mobile browsers are not supported by our on-line portal. Candidates should only apply using a laptop or desktop computer.
• Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French).
• Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
• Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
• Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
• The Embassy of Canada in Ethiopia does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• Candidates requiring any special assistance in attending exams or interviews are requested to inform us.
• The results of this recruitment process may also be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for similar term, indeterminate, part-time or full-time openings at the Embassy of Canada in Ethiopia which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this recruitment process.