Requisition ID: req11779
Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant (re-advertisement)
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Adama, Ethiopia
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply!
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 and is implementing integrated, community-managed programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recover of livelihood of disaster-affected population’s through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions and emergency response.
The Supply Chain Assistant is responsible for all procurement processing, procurement documentation and procurement reporting, and fleet management. Supply Chain Assistant will be based at Adama field office and directly reports to Supply Chain Manager and works closely with program and operation team in Adama field office.
Major job responsibilities:
- The implementation and maintenance of standard IRC procurement policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that procurement is carried out in accordance to IRC and donor-specific polices
- Ensure proper documentation of all procurement documents and auditable support documentation.
- Checks accuracy of all received quarterly Purchase Requests and ensures proper entry on BvA.
- Prepare request for quotation (RFQ) and ensure fair distribution of RFQ to suppliers.
- Ensures proper preparation of Purchase orders and accurate preparation of Payment requests
- Ensures that suppliers are proceeded and cleared of Anti-Terrorism Clearance (ATC) before payment is effected and keeps record of ATC cleared suppliers properly
- Ensures that all suppliers working with the field office are ATC cleared on annual basis
- Ensures that weekly procurement update is sent to all staff consistently
- Maintains completed PRs' files per grant and ensures safety of Procurement files and contract documents
- Implement and direct IRC standard Vehicle policies and procedures, with particular attention to safety and security issues
- Focal person for all purchases in transport department. Raising PRs for vehicles spare parts and vehicle repairs
- Ensure vehicles authorized movements for every movement of IRC business
- Ensure efficient and effective weekly vehicle planning and utilization and integrate with program and operation staff on this.
- Ensure that all IRC vehicles are being equipped with updated safety equipment, materials and kits. Conduct regular vehicle spot checks.
- Work with the Supply Chain Manager to design a suitably staffed and equipped transport function to support the IRC’s vehicle operations and policies
- Prepares monthly vehicle fuel usage and maintenance report.
- Perform any other duties or tasked delegated by Supply Chain Manager
- Education: BA Degree/Diploma in Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, Business Management, or Supplies Management.
- Work Experience: minimum relevant work experience of 2 years for Diploma holders and 0 year for BA Degree holders.
- Knowledge of Afaan Oromo, English & Amharic languages is a must requirement.
Required job competencies:
- Knowledge of general procurement & transport procedures and practices.
- Ability to use MS office, word, excel, and email applications very well.
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills and flexibility.
- Good communication skill & command in English & Amharic languages. Afaan Oromo is plus.
- Strong sense of personal integrity and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task & carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support.
Female applicants are encouraged to apply!
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.