The objectives of the consultancy are to:
- Develop an appropriate organisation structure with relevant job positions and roles, duties and responsibilities, policies and procedures and required manpower, in order for the future research work unit of the Bank to carry out its functions effectively and efficiently.
- Provide relevant trainings which enhance research conducting capacity of staffs of the research work unit.
Scope of the Work
The Scope of work is as follows:
- Establish the objectives of the research work unit in very clear terms in view of the Bank’s vision and mision;
- Determine the activities/functions that must be performed in order to achieve the objectives of the work unit;
- Assess the personnel requirements and the physical resources needed to accomplish the objectives determined;
- Coordinate these elements into a structural design that will help achieve the objectives;
- Assign appropriate responsibilities;
- Undertake survey and training need assessment for the research staffs to be trained;
- Develop module and deliver relevant trainings for staffs of the research work unit;
- Bench mark research activities of best performing national development banks;
The advisors shall submit to DBE for validation and approval of the deliverables of activities/milestones.
- Inception Report (3 hard copies with electronic copy), which includes, among others, the work plan that identifies in detail the methods and procedures/processes to be utilized for the assignment.
- Final Inception Report (3 hard copies with electronic copy), which takes into account the inputs/comments from DBE.
- Interim Report (3 hard copies with electronic copy), which contains the mid-period progress report of the assignment.
- Draft Final Report (3 hard copies with electronic copy), which takes into account the inputs/comments from DBE.
- Revised Final Report (6 hard copies with electronic copy) which takes into account the final comments from DBE.
- Training Need Assessment Report (3 hard copies with electronic copy), which takes into account the inputs/comments from DBE.
- Training Plan and Materials (in sufficient hard copies with electronic copy), which takes into account the inputs/comments from DBE.
The advisor shall regularly report to the President of DBE. The president provides directions on the assignment, review and approve performance and progress reports delivered by the Advisor
The assignment shall be undertaken by knowledgeable and experienced advisors. The advisors should have the following qualifications:
- Advanced University Degree in organizational structure design, human resource management or other related disciplines;
- At least five (5) years of experience in conducting designing organizational structure, job analysis, developing and revising job descriptions; planning manpower;
- Ability to identify and validate minimum qualification requirements;
- Knowledge and experience in policy and procedure formulation;
- Prior experience in delivering similar assignments with least three (3) Certificates of Satisfactory Service from completed projects;
- Good reporting and presentation skills.
Place of Work– Head Office.
Required– Two (One for organization structure design and One for capacity building)
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their application letter, CV and non-returnable copies of relevant credentials within seven consecutive working days from the date of this announcement to:
Development Bank of Ethiopia, Human Resource Management Directorate, HR Planning & Recruitment Team in person.