Requisition ID: req11825
Job Title: Construction Foreman
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Jijiga, Ethiopia
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the largest humanitarian agencies in the world, providing relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of oppression and violent conflict. IRC works to address both the immediate, life-saving needs of conflict affected people in an emergency and the reconstruction needs in post conflict societies. IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and thorough accountability to those we serve.
Summary Statement of Responsibilities:
The construction foreman position is a junior level management position that involves planning, implementing, and monitoring the proper construction of different infrastructures in Fafan zone refugee camps and IDP sites. The position requires supervising construction of contracted or own force construction managing unskilled and skilled labours at lite level in the camps and IDP sites. The position also require proper management of materials, equipment and other resources under the program and reporting periodically to supervisors
- Raise Purchase requests for procurement for construction materials, equipment and goods and get verification from the finance & approval from the FC/CMin accordance with the budget available and following up the requested items delivered by supply chain.
- Follow the necessary program direction prepared by the program managers towards planning organizing & developing specific objectives, schedules & budgets and integration of materials & vehicles for the implementation of construction of different structures;
- Assist the program staff and departments to prepare BPOQs detail specification for temporary and minor construction activities.
- Supervise the construction materials, equipment and goods with IRC logistics and inspection of purchased items, construction materials and equipment;
- Leading and supervising the own-force & all contracted activities and taking part in the construction activity at site level.
- Plan and supervise daily progress of construction activities of contractors, carpenters , masons , or daily laborers at site level;
- Prepare record of all construction progress, commencement & completion date , as built construction and actual expenditure of the completed structures.
- Control construction quality , towards, meeting specifications and best workmanship
- Prepare monthly progress reports and submit to program managers and camp managers
- Perform other tasks as assigned by his supervisor.
- 1 years of related work experience for Diploma/TVET Construction Management, Operation Management, Construction Engineering and the like
- 0 years of related work experience for First Degree
- Self- motivated, honest, responsible , and punctual
- Ability to work in a team with supervision