Summary of Duties:
Under the general supervision of a Deputy Management Consular Officer (DMCO) and/or Management Consular Officer (MCO), the Consular Assistant provides consular support services to Canadians; responds to emergency situations involving Canadians in distress; processes passport applications and citizenship applications for Canadians abroad; supports the development of contingency planning and outreach programs; provides administrative and financial services in support of consular, passport and citizenship services at the mission; and undertakes other duties as required.
Education: A University degree from a recognized university in a related field; for example, public administration, psychology, communications, social sciences, business administration, international relations or law, OR three years of experience as a Consular Assistant in an embassy.
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
- Fluency in French (oral and written)
- Fluency in Amharic (oral and written)
- Minimum 1 year of recent* experience working within an office environment in an administrative support or program assistant capacity for a corporate organization, foreign mission, government office or international organization.
- Minimum 1 year of recent* experience providing effective client service and dealing with the public (in person, by telephone, and electronic messaging).
- Minimum 1 year of recent* experience in an administrative role establishing and maintaining filing systems and maintaining accurate records.
*Recent experience is defined as within the last 5 years.
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Salary range: 454,936 ETB per annum
HOW TO APPLY
Closing date: 23 April at 23:59 UTC/GMT
- Applications will only be considered when received through our portal. Link for this job poster – http://wfca-tpce.com/vacancyView.php?requirementId=4441&.
- Candidates are required to upload a cover letter and CV in English or French. Applications which do not include the requested documents or information in the CV or cover letter will be rejected. Any additional information must be included as part of these two attachments.
- Please do NOT include personal data in these documents (cover letter and CV) such as; age, date of birth, gender, marital status, family status, religion, a picture. Please only include information relevant to the vacancy as requested in the job poster.
- Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to: LES-E-Recruitment-BRLIN@international.gc.ca prior to the closing date. Failure to so will result in the application being rejected.