Apr 14, 2021
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Consultant Jobs in Ethiopia
Information Technology Jobs in Ethiopia
IO Global, creator of the Cardano blockchain platform, is searching for a Java Consultant to join its Professional Services team. As a member of the team, you will work to apply blockchain technologies in real life. You will be the tip of the spear, helping to bridge the gap between burning problems across the world and cutting-edge technology.
If you want to influence how this new industry will shape the world, you are in the right place!
As a Java Consultant at IO Global you will be responsible for designing solutions for customers. You will understand the company's products well enough to be able to advise on, build and troubleshoot solutions with them. The role is customer-facing, requires creativity, eagerness to learn and complex problem-solving. This role requires deep knowledge of the Java enterprise ecosystem and a willingness to learn Scala.
Your duties will involve product management and business development:
- Maintaining the use case applicability database for the product
- Working with product managers to understand a product's capabilities and components
- Preparing and leading workshops, calls, ideas retreats, and any other customer or partner interaction that is necessary to define the requirements for an opportunity
- Identifying project risks, blockchain applicability, product alignment, and (overall) making sure the necessary data is ready for the go/no-no decision
- Describing an opportunity in terms of the company's product components
- Analyzing customer problems, gathering requirements and transforming them into an actionable statement of work.
- Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, logic, physics, or a related subject (bachelor’s or above)
- Coding experience in functional programming languages, with on-the-job experience of three years or more
- Deep knowledge of the Java virtual machine
- Deep knowledge of the Java programming language
- Minimum of five years’ experience gathering requirements and designing solutions
- Experience in distributed systems and networks would be beneficial
- Experience working in an agile set-up would be good (scrum, kanban).
IO Global is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. However, due to team distribution for this role, preference will be shown to applicants based in Addis Ababa Ethiopia.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Udemy for Business
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service