Requisition ID: req14134
Job Title: Liaison Manager Readvertisement
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: Yes
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
About the IRC
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today work in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Liaison Manager is responsible for liaising on IRC’s behalf with various governmental authorities, including but not limited to all ministries as appropriate, Immigration CSO agency/CHSA, Visas/Immigration/MOLSA, Ministry of Transport & its various sub-offices, ARRA, MOFA and where required to facilitate smooth implementation of IRC’s programming at regional & federal levels including timely approvals of all kinds of Agreements, sub-Agreements, LOU/MOUs and other permissions.
· Education: MA degree/BA degree in law, public administration, humanities, social sciences, or social works
· 5 years of relevant experience with the first degree or 3 years of relevant experience plus post graduate degree.
· At least 5 years of experience in relevant area. Experience of working with the government at a senior level will be considered as an advantage.
· Extensive knowledge of the Ethiopian system of government and administration.
· NGO experience is a plus.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Fluent English written and spoken.
· Competent with using computers, especially Microsoft Office Word and Excel spreadsheets and Outlook.
· Self-driven, independent, and motivated.
· Diplomatic nature, excellent negotiation skills plus negotiation experience.
· Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
· Strong sense of personal integrity
· Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
· Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Remains productive when under pressure
· Demonstrates a systematic and efficient approach to work
· Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.