With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
- Assist the project officer in case management support ,situational assessment, operational planning, implementation and monitoring of the IDP activities
- Provide individual and group psychological first aid/psycho-social support to children
- And women affected by the conflict to enable them restore their safety, dignity and hope.
- Facilitate consultation and discussions with beneficiary populations, making sure they are involved in needs assessment, delivery of protection/assistance and assist the referral of child protection and GBV issues in IDP/Returnee.
- Closely work with local authorities and relevant government sector (women and children affairs, education, social affairs, schools etc.) to facilitate recovery and reiteration of the affected population
- Coordinate and manage the establishment of child friendly spaces in collaboration with school, local authorities, and faith leaders
Duration of the contract:8 months
Required Professional Experience :
First degree in social work, sociology, psychology, education or other eleven fields.
- At least one-year relevant experience in child protection and related areas, Knowledge and experience on Gender Based Violence programming an asset. Knowledge of and ability to implement integrated CP responses, including Gender Based Violence. Awareness of or interest in community based protection mechanisms. Direct case management and experience working with children and adolescents is an asset. Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Knowledge of and ability to implement integrated CP responses, including Gender Based Violence
- 2 Awareness of or interest in community based protection mechanisms in emergency context.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- University degree in social work, sociology, psychology, child protection, public health and relevant fields of social sciences. Knowledge and skills of and ability to implement integrated CP responses, including Gender Based Violence.
- Awareness of or interest in community based protection mechanisms.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement : Frequent travel to the project sites and to NO as needed
Language Requirements: Fluent in written and spoken English as well as in local languages) .
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only