Norwegian Church Aid Ethiopia Vacancy 2021
Job Title: Logistics and Finance Officer
The purpose of Logistics and Finance Officer position is to ensure policies, procedures, and guidelines in relation to finance, procurement, and transport activities in Gambella Field Office. He/she will handle the proper materials management in the NCA/Gambella store ensuring all the program activities are provided with the necessary items in a timely manner. In addition, he/she will be responsible in handling all the petty cash and management of miscellaneous payments based on NCA rules and procedures.
The position requires a highly trusted and loyal individual with strong personal integrity and commitment keeping all the resources responsibly. Prior experience in INGOs platform and in emergency sites is a plus. The person to be employed need to accept the Code of Conduct of ACT Alliance.
- Receives cash and checks on a pre-numbered cash receipt voucher of the organization, deposits collected money in the bank.
- Keeps in safe blank and signed checks.
- Prepares petty cash replenishment on a timely basis.
- Processing and booking of petty cash transaction as per NCA guidelines and regulations
- Verifies source documents for proper approval/authorization before they are preparing payments.
- Ascertains that acknowledgement is received from payee and filed with cash disbursement voucher and other documents.
- Stamps paid mark and cross-references on all invoices and other financial supporting documents daily.
- Issues of checks to vendors, Counter parts, Procurement against receipt.
- Maintains filing of all financial documents and reports
- process both petty cash and Cheque disbursement activities by using organization standard templets bank voucher and petty cash voucher
Handling Local Purchases
- Receives approved Purchase Requisitions (PR) and distribute RFQ to supplier
- Prepares detailed bid analysis based on Proforma Invoices and prepares Purchase Order in the name of selected supplier.
- Purchases materials, supplies, equipment, and services in accordance with purchasing policies and procedures of NCA.
- Collects purchased items from venders and prepare Goods Receiving Note (GRN)
- Files all procurement documents in an orderly manner for control and reference purposes.
- Prepares weekly, quarterly, midterm and annual procurement status report and submits to the supervisor.
- Undertakes appropriate inspection, counting, weighing of materials, supplies, commodities, etc. received through purchase or donation.
- Receives goods against official Goods Receiving Note (GRN)
- Checks goods against purchase orders, suppliers’ invoices and/or packing lists, and ensures that the goods are in good condition before receiving them.
- Whenever there are missing, damaged, broken, or spoiled items, reports immediately to the Supervisor, and writes the condition on the relevant goods receiving note.
- Keeps under his/her custody all materials, supplies, spare parts, commodities, fixed assets, etc. of the organization.
- Issues materials, supplies, commodities, etc. to requisitioning departments/units upon receipt of duly signed store material requisition.
- Dispatches all items/commodities against approved official Store Issue Voucher.
- Takes physical inventory count annually and during the year at regular intervals to ensure that physical inventory and bin card balances always tally
- BA degree in accounting, or Finance.
- Having Procurement & Supply Chain Management background is a plus.
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience, preferably INGO in emergency sites.
- Computer proficiency (word processing, spreadsheets, and databases).
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of local language is a plus.
Duty Station: Gambella
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to send their application, CV and other supportive documents via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posting Date 15th September 2021.
- Closing date 23rd September 2021.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted via telephone/email.
- NCA is an equal opportunity organization.
- Qualified women applicants are highly encouraged to apply.