Specialist, Women Economic Empowerment
Salary Offer Attractive
Experience Level Senior
Total Years of Experience 5
Date Posted November 24, 2021
Deadline Date December 3, 2021
- Based on research and contextual evidence gathered, identify and design local program initiatives for women’s economic empowerment at the project implementation locations.
- Provide technical input to the development of content and methodology for capacity building trainings on gender and economic empowerment for the project.
- Build the capacity of Women and Young girls through tailored trainings to ensure they meet the expected objectives of increasing their income and savings.
- Implement and monitor the capacity building activities and analysis of the women economic empowerment component of the project, with suggestions and timely readjustment of project interventions.
- Identify good practices and strategic opportunities in women economic empowerment and document.
- Provide support for the formation and/or strengthening of Self-Help Groups (SHGs) by parents/caregivers and establish linkages with finance/credit service providers.
- Conduct entrepreneurship awareness campaigns/workshops and capacity building trainings to SHGs and women-led businesses.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with Child fund’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of conduct.
Education: University degree, preferably at post graduate level in Economics, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Gender, Human Rights or in a discipline relevant to the position
Required Skills and Experienc
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in design, planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of women economic empowerment projects at community level preferably linked with establishment of childcare centers. Fluent in English and Amharic languages.
- Cultural understanding and respect, with familiarity of common issues regarding gender equality and women’s empowerment/economic empowerment
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, presentation, and project management skills.
- Ability to write concept notes and proposals.
- Ability to develop resources, training, and tools to build capacity of field staff and project target group and manage the project budget.
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet, and other computer applications.
- Be available and willing to conduct regular field visits to project sites
- Able to multi-task and on occasion work in high pressure environment with tight deadlines
Place of work: Addis Ababa, with frequent field travel to ChildFund’s operational areas
How To Apply
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children. ChildFund is also committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Women are especially encouraged to apply.
Here is the link for application. Deadline: – December 3, 2021.