KEMMCOM’s Corporate Affairs Practice Area supports the development and execution of corporate affairs strategy and services for public, private, and non-profit organisations.
Reporting directly to the Head of Practice- Corporate Affairs, the Corporate Affairs Consultant will be executing corporate affairs strategy, training, audit, policy, and regulatory affairs projects in a collaborative work environment.
The ideal candidate would have a strong experience leading a corporate affairs function in an international multinational company and public affairs and/or public policy in an international organisation with ability to execute projects from inception to close. H/she will exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, project management, and organisational skills. The Corporate Affairs Consultant will work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle multiple activities at a time. The Consultant will have experience in one or a combination of the following tracts: Corporate Affairs Strategy design and implementation; Political Risk and Uncertainty, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Strategy, Organisation, and Implementation; Diversity and Inclusion programme implementation; Industry representation; Internal Communication: In-company and across value chain (Corporate- factory-farm- outgrower) and G2C (distributors, retailers, consumer groups) stakeholder management
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the development, execution, and monitoring of projects in collaboration with members of the Corporate Affairs Practice Area and other internal stakeholders.
- Conducts research on the company strategy, competitor’s landscape, stakeholders, audiences, and other areas as part of the work of providing inputs to the strategy development process
- Compiles case stories on projects by conducting interviews, analysing primary and secondary documents, and working with other team members and external vendors to publish case stories
- Prioritises conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Any other duty assigned by the Head of the Corporate Affairs Practice Area and/or CEO
Qualifications - A minimum of Masters degree in Law, Communications, Economics, Business Administration, Marketing and/or a related fields from a recognised University with a GPA of 3.4 and above.
Experience and skillset
- Strong organisational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail;
- At least five years of relevant experience in developing and executing corporate affairs strategy and services;
- Relevant local and international experiences in related assignments, preferably with State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs), multinational companies, and/or sizeable projects in the CSO sector in Ethiopia;
- A high level of team leadership and team building, writing and presentation skills, high competence in synthesising and synchronizing of individual reports prepared by experts;
- Strong analytical skills, sound judgment, and the capacity to think strategically including producing high-quality outputs and fluency in Amharic and English language. Speaking other local Ethiopian languages is a big plus;
- Comprehensive and current knowledge about Ethiopia’s overall business ecosystem, strategy, state-owned enterprises management, including an understanding of regulatory affairs principles and practices in large organisations.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, and external partners. Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-faced, and collaborative work environment.
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
How to Apply
Kindly prepare your updated CV and cover letter in one file and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Corporate Affairs Consultant (Roaster)” as the subject line by 10th December 2021.