Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides both simultaneous and consecutive interpretation support;
- Transcribes and translates Chinese foreign language audio files into good grammatical English;
- Translate text and audio recordings from one language to Chinese in Oral and written;
- Ensure translated content conveys original meaning and tone;
- Better know how to use a computer to issue invoices and use Excel to calculate the payroll;
- Communicate with the Chinese people and follow instructions as requested;
- Follow up with internal team members and clients to ensure translation meets their needs;
- Develops new terminology for use where none exists in the target language;
- Participates in the setting of terminology standards;
- Translates Chinese intermediate to advanced level printed materials including technical manuals and Chinese foreign language periodicals into good grammatical English;
- Prepares and updates databases of translated source Chinese material;
- Scans intercepted data and determines as pertinent or non-pertinent to mission requirements;
- Participates in analytical meetings or conferences as required;
- BA in Foreign Language or similar fields
- Speak Chinese and Ethiopia’s local languages fluently
- Fluency in at least two languages in addition to your native language
- Have a positive work attitude and good time management skills
- Attention to detail and highly organized;
- Good listener and able to communicate with supervisors and colleagues;
- Able to consult supervisors and get permission before taking independent decisions
- Proven work experience as a Translator, Interpreter or similar role
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling and punctuation errors
Required Number of Position: 1 (One)
- 2+ years of experience as a Chinese language translator
With a range of ETB 8,000.00 – 15,000.00, depending upon proved Chinese language skill and ability.
Working station: Kili Detergent PLC; Oromiya, Dukem, in the same place of GAB Oxygen Factory (besides the Prima Biscuit Factory near Mendelo). Interview will be held at the working station.
Submission: Interested applicants fulfilling the above requirements, please send your resume to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org
For any additional information, you can call 0972407133/0968807777 (Chinese manager phone number, no Amharic language, if you call, please speak in Chinese).
Note:- Don’t forget to write the position you are applying for in the subject line!