Supply Chain Assistant job at International Rescue Committee
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Ethiopia
Adama, Oromia, Ethiopia
International Rescue Committee - IRC
Supply Chain Assistant
The IRC is a non-governmental organization operating in 40 countries in the world. IRC started operation in Ethiopia in year 2000, currently working in seven regions in providing relief services to refugees, victims of drought, and war affected populations.
WE WORK WITH THE BEST
WORK FOR IRC
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive, recover, and rebuild their lives. The IRC has been working in Ethiopia for over 15 years implementing emergency and resilience programming in the areas of WASH, education, livelihoods, reproductive health, gender-based violence, and child and youth protection and development. In 2017, IRC provides services to approximately 405,200 refugees in 20 camps and more than one million vulnerable Ethiopians in seven regions.
Scope of the position:
Supply Chain Assistant is responsible for ensuring the overall supply chain activities on procurement, guards supervision and utility and communication management in Adama field office. The supply chain assistant-Procurement must be proactive on delivering the necessary tasks as required.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
· Processes all PRs directed within the lead time
· Checks accuracy of all received quarterly PRs
· Ensures proper PRs prologs entry
· Ensures Proper preparation of RFQ and fair distribution of RFQ to suppliers
· Ensures proper preparation of Purchase orders
· Ensures proper and accurate preparation of Payment requests
· Ensures that suppliers are ATC cleared before payment is effected
· Keeps record of ATC cleared suppliers properly
· Ensures that all suppliers working with the satellite office are ATC cleared on annual basis
· Ensures that weekly procurement update is sent to all staff consistently
· Ensures proper documentation of all procurement documents
· Maintains completed PRs’ files per grant
· Ensures safety of Procurement files and contract documents
· Prepares PR matrix report on monthly basis
· Prepares commitment reports on monthly basis
· Prepares cash projection on monthly basis
Utility and Communication bill payments
· Monitor, track and ensure utility and communication bills are settled in accordance to set schedules in a timely manner.
Sharing other supply chain related assignments with other supply chain staff
· Accomplishes other duties as assigned by the Supply chain Manager and Filed Manager
· Cooperates with other supply chain staff related to field supply chain activities
· Diploma/Degree in Supplies Management, Purchasing Management, Business Management, Commerce and related fields from recognized college/university.
· Minimum of three years relevant experience for Diploma and one year relevant experience for Degree.
· NGO experience is plus.
· Very good basic computer knowledge (word, excel)
· Basic English spoken and writing. Knowledge of Afaan Oromo language is advantageous.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong sense of personal integrity.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
· Ability to work independently & under pressure
· Ability to meet deadlines
How to Apply
How to apply:
- Please send your CV, application letter and copies of education credentials to the following address:
- In person to IRC Adama Field Office in Adama City located at Kebele 13, around East Shewa Zone Agriculture Office or through ethiojobs.net
- Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
- Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
- Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications and experience
· Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
· Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
· Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)?
If answer is “yes”, give the following information:
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.