World Vision Jobs in Ethiopia - ICT Officer- Customer support | ICT Officer
World Vision Ethiopia
Jimma, Oromia, Ethiopia
World Vision Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement
1. ICT Officer- Customer support
Purpose of the position:
To represent ICT in ROs and/or CPOs management team and provide technical advice & support to the regional office (RO) and /or cluster program office (CPO) and its respective Area Programs (APs) in IT services.
ICT Officer-Customer Support staffs are responsible for managing and responding to customer requests by diagnosing and resolving problems and for supporting the ongoing technology needs of all employees by providing Level 1 help desk support for RO and/or CPO requests, and assisting with leading and coordinating the activities of the client technology services and support area of IT by escalating and follow up to Level 2 and Level 3 support as per the SLA. These staffs respond to requests for IT support, logging problems, generating trouble tickets, attempting to diagnose and resolve problems, and if necessary, escalating the problem to the appropriate level of expertise. They are responsible for documenting solutions to problems and developing end-user guidelines. On an ongoing basis, they work to improve customer support processes and practices. In addition, they evaluate and recommend client software and hardware and give inputs for purchasing new or upgraded products.
Major Responsibilities include
1. Service as first point of contact for day to day technical support to end users. Provide Service Desk Support for the staff by analyzing, troubleshooting, and documenting for resolution of reported user problems as per the committed Service Level Agreement in professional and courteous manner.
2. Administer and Support Essential Business Systems, in-house applications and other applications to ensure availability at all times.
3. Install, configure, maintain and support all software, hardware, LAN, Lotus notes mail and databases, and ensure the availability of adequate connectivity to make sure all ICT services are accessible reliably. justifications for corrective maintenance, follow up and conduct acceptance test as required
4. Ensure Information and Data Security of the user data, ICT systems and resources.
5. Facilitate ICT skills building for RO, CPO and AP staffs to increase their competence in the use of partnership applications (Horizon, Our People, Sun6, Single STEP, etc), ICT Services and in-house applications and ICT productivity tools such Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), Lotus Notes, WebEx, Skype, etc. Provide orientation on ICT services, processes, work procedures, standards and policy.
6. Engage with the program staff to assess and capture innovation requirements in APs like ICT4D projects, waste management, suggesting other usable tools, etc and participate in the implementation and monitoring of innovation projects
7. Support procurement of ICT goods and services
8. Ensure the implementation of ICT policies, standards, and procedures at RO, CPO and AP level as per the National and global ICT guidance.
9. Perform preventive and remedial maintenance, IT asset management and provide status report as per set schedule and guideline by ICT manager on ICT equipment and timely escalation of malfunctioned ICT equipment to HO.
Qualification required: BSc in Computer Science., Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or related fields
Experience: minimum of 4 years
Technical Training qualifications
Required: certified A+, Network +, MCP training.
Preferred certified in A+, N+, MCP, CCNA, MCSA
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Cluster Program/Regional Office based with planned travel to APs and Non-AP sites
Travel: 50% Domestic/international travel is required.
On call: 30%
4. Additional Requirements: Committed to the organization’s vision, mission and core values
5.Place of Work: Jimma Area Cluster Program Office/ SOKORU/
6. Salary: World Vision has an attractive salary and benefits scale
2. ICT officer
Coordinate all of the project implementation as per project design document and schedules
Provide Service Desk Support for the staff by analyzing, troubleshooting, and documenting for resolution of reported user problems as per the committed Service Level Agreement in professional and courteous manner. Ensuing all support provided are documented in Customer Support & Service desk Management System: ServiceNow
Administer and Support Essential Business Systems including Lotus Notes messaging, partnership applications (e.g. SingleSTEP, Sponsorship 2.0, Horizon, Sun 6, Our People, GEMS Concur and other systems), in-house applications ( e.g Procurement Tracking System, Fixed Asset Management System, Warehouse Management System, and other applications (like E4Y M&E System, Vehicle Fleet Tracking System (VFTS), etc), Local Area Network (LAN), the Internet and other communication systems, to ensure availability at all times
Install, configure, maintain and support all software, hardware, LAN, Lotus notes mail and databases, and ensure the availability of adequate connectivity to make sure all partnership applications are accessible reliably.
Ensure Information and Data Security of the user data, ICT systems and resources by doing anti-virus installations & regular update, regular critical system backup and enforcing laid down ICT policies to guarantee business continuity in the unlikely event of an ICT disaster.
Facilitate ICT skills building for CPO and AP staffs to increase their competence in the use of partnership applications (Horizon, Our People, Sun6, Single STEP, etc) and ICT productivity tools such Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), Lotus Notes, WebEx, Skype, etc
BSc in Computer S., Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or related fields with at least 4 years’ Experience
3. Additional requirements: Committed to WV’s vision, mission and core values
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to fill the employment application form (you can get this form from Here ) and email on or before the closing date of this announcement to firstname.lastname@example.org
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position
World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is an International Humanitarian Christian Organization whose objective is to provide holistic and integrated development and emergency response programs in the country. WVE National Office has an immediate opening for the following positions for person who fulfills the following qualifications.