NGO Job Vacancy in Ethiopia at World Vision : Hydro geologist
World Vision Ethiopia
Sodo, Southern Nations, Nationalities, and People's Region, Ethiopia
World Vision Ethiopia (WVE)
Current Job Vacancy
As an International Christian Humanitarian Development organization, World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is trusted to deliver integrated programs with target communities through its 58 Area programs (APs) located in seven regional states of the country. WVE envisions a thriving organization where our strong leadership at all levels results in improved delivery of results for children.
Purpose of the position:
To undertake quality and professional works on the study, design and development of ground water resources in the project area. Prepare well designs, contract document and BOQ for the contract.
Communicate World Vision's Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others. Has demonstrated passion and commitment to the WV Vision, Mission, core values and Child Well Being,
· Engage in groundwater resource assessments and detail investigation in partnership with government zonal and district water and mines offices.
· Prepare annual well sitting/verification plan in consultation with government zonal and district water and mines offices.
· Review ground water development project documents.
· Prepare contract document and well design for drilling works.
· Prepare detail specification of drilling supplies, pumps and pumping test supplies based on the study design document.
· Prepare technical manuals that provide guidance to the field staff.
· Ensure that borehole drilling works are underway in compliance with community needs, donor’s requirements, WV and government policies and national standards.
· Take part in planning, facilitating and conducting trainings on WASH related programs to POOs, ADPs staff and other stakeholders.
· Promote major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, child protection, disability and peace building.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Educational level required: M.Sc. in hydrogeology
Technical Training qualifications required: Professional technical skill desired (Well site selection and use of geophysical instruments)
Preferred: M.Sc in Hydrogeology with 5 years’ experience in the study and design of ground water sources and use of geophysical instrument.
Other team management exposure and computer knowledge (Word and, Excel).
Other: NGO experience is preferred
Duty Station: Wolaita Zone Capital, Soddo Town
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
Travel: 80% Domestic/international travel is required.
On call: 40%
How To Apply:
Interested applicants are required to fill the employment application form found at Here ) and email on or before the closing date of this announcement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position
World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is an International Humanitarian Christian Organization whose objective is to provide holistic and integrated development and emergency response programs in the country. WVE National Office has an immediate opening for the following positions for person who fulfills the following qualifications.