MSF Spain Jobs in Ethiopia : HEALTH PROMOTER IEC OFFICER
Medicins Sans Frontiers
Medecins Sans Frontieres Spain www.msf.org
Job Vacancy in Ethiopia
Coordinate, supervise and implement Health Promotion Community Engagement activities within targeted population of the hospital and community to raise their knowledge and skills on relevant health related topics. Support Blood donation activities in close cooperation with Regional Blood Bank and MSF assigned focal points within the project (Labtec focal point position).
• Ensure information and education of target population within health facility and community about MSF and their current services.
• Implement and monitor activities of health education and awareness (sessions in schools, churches, community).
• Under the guide of the direct line manager, assess the impact of all HPCE activities (with questions, verifications evaluation tools and behaviours observations), report results, challenges, success and constraints regularly.
• Deliver information to the patients and community on specific health topics according to project medical priorities.
• Collect, evaluate and report all type of information related to specific health and living conditions of the population, in particular to identify response for community engagement.
• Report regularly to direct line manager on current activities, challenges, strengths and constraints in systematic manner.
• For OCBA: Establish and maintain contacts with social partners, including other NGO’s, governmental health services that can provide answers to social problems.
• For OCBA: Ensure education and communication areas are clean and tidy and secure availability of professional and appropriate IEC materials.
• For OCBA: Participate in creation of any material needed for the activities of information, education and communication.
Context Specific Accountabilities
· Support and monitor linkage between community and maintainance of connection to key position as kebele officials, religious leaders and/or any other current influencing actor.
· Monitor and apply referral system to health facilities related to project specific topics within which are sexual violence, mental health, maternal and child health and disease surveillance.
· Support health promotion and awarness activities related to blood donation in cooperation with MSF focal point and staff of regional blood bank Gambella.
· Follow up systematic feedback mechanism between community members, patients, caretakers and medical team.
· Follow up patients satisfaction mechanism within MSF supported ward and report immediately on current issues to direct line manager.
How To Apply:
Education level in social science, social communication, nurse or teaching
Internal MSF training on HPCE is a strong advantage
At least two year of relevant work experience, preferably with MSF
Fluency in English language plus two local languages
Additional local language considered as strong asset
Good ICT knowledge
Data collection and reporting skills
Good communication, motivation and social skills
Acceptance within the community
Teamwork, strong communication skill, commitment to improve community health situation, stress resistance
Responsibility, early notification and quick response/reporting to direct line manager
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants should send a CV, cover letter, educational records, work certificates and copy of id. Card either by email to :
(please indicate ¨On the subject box: the vacancy title, ¨your name¨ and ¨specific position that you are applying for¨ or ON THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR COVER LETTER)OR give in person to MSF Spain , Gambella , Addis Ababa and other project Offices.
PLEASE PROVIDE A SUMMARY TABLE OF YOUR WORK EXPERIENCES ( e.g 10 months as...in.... , 3 years in ... as...) , Those applicants that do not comply with this instruction will not be considered.
Posting date: 27th January 2018
Closing date: 7th February 2018
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF