CONCERN WORLDWIDE Vacancy : Community Preparedness Acute Malnutrition Program Manager for Amhara (CPAMA)District
Concern Worldwide Ethiopia
Job Vacancy in Ethiopia
Community Preparedness Acute Malnutrition for Amhara (CPAMA)District Program Manager
- To manage and coordinate the overall planning, implementation, reporting and monitoring and evaluation of the CPAMAProgram.
- To provide appropriate technical support and guidance to staff for the proper implementation and management of the program.
- Establish and maintain cordial working relationships with relevant beneficiaries, local community, Government bodies and NGOs at all levels - Zone and Woreda,
- To ensure effective and efficient budget planning and utilization of the CPAMAProgram
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct situational analysis and prepare comprehensive report and submit to the line manager for further action.
- Prepare detailed operational activity plan for the program in the respective woreda.
- Prepare implementation guideline and other modalities for the programme.
- Provide technical and supportive supervision to Concern field staff to implement the activities with standard quality.
- Provide appropriate training and orientation to field team members on the objective, strategies, target group, etc.
- Design and develop reporting format for internal use in collaboration with sectoral advisor and M&E department.
- Ensure that proper data/information collection and documentation of the programme implementation is maintained.
- Produce concise, reliable and timely progress reports- monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual reports on achievements, challenges, best practices, learning, etc. as per schedule
- Build report writing capacity/skill of staff through providing technical assistance or/and providing/facilitating relevant training.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Design and develop appropriate databases in collaboration with M&E department and properly collect, document and share the appropriate information.
- Take lead in regular monitoring and evaluation activities of the programme.
- Prepare monitoring checklist and schedule and share with M&E Department and sectoral managers on time.
- Conduct quarterly monitoring visits and organize discussions to ensure efficient and effective implementation of programs.
- Plan and undertake regular technical and supportive supervision field visits and ensure the implementation of planned activities is in line with programme documents and standard quality.
- Prepare and share the major findings of quarterly monitoring and other technical support field visit reports.
- Undertake regular technical and supportive supervision visits and provide technical advice to ensure quality of programme implementation.
Networking and Collaboration
- Design, develop and implement working modalities to integrate the programme activities with Woreda sector offices and other government agencies.
- Create strong working relation/collaboration with other Concern programs/projects implementing within the assigned woreda and other NGOs.
- Participate in various networks and collaboration fora with government and other relevant organizations related to the program for learning and experience sharing.
- Support learning and experience sharing among partner organizations and stakeholders to ensure quality in implementation
- Contribute to different knowledge management products
- Prepare periodical budget plan for CPAMAProgram in line with financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare and submit monthly cash request for the CPAMAProgram
- Check/follow-up the monthly Management Account from Finance team and ensure that the financial utilization report is correct and in line with the narrative activity report and planned budget, and provide feedback accordingly.
- Ensure that all programme related disbursements are in line with the budget line and project agreement.
- Actively participate on HR recruitment for the respective woreda.
- Properly manage field staff in line with Concern Worldwide HR manual.
- Ensure that staff are aware of Concern HR policies and procedures and they adhere to those policies and procedures.
- Provide regular technical support and coach field staff to build their capacity to perform their assigned roles and responsibilities effectively.
- Strive to create a favorable working environment and ensure that good team spirit is created and developed among staff members.
- Regularly assess staff health, safety and security issues, provide briefing to staff and report any issues to CPAMAProgram manager.
- Facilitate and ensure that new recruits received appropriate induction before starting working
- Prepare and review PDR for staff regularly as per Concern Worldwide HR manual.
- Perform any other task as assigned by the management
- Design and implement appropriate methods/ways to mainstream all cross cutting issues like accountability, gender, inequality, HIV/AIDS, and DRR in line with Concern Worldwide guidelines.
- Liaise with the Mainstreaming Officer to ensure that all cross cutting issues are mainstreamed in the program.
Safety and Security
- Respect the Ethiopia Standard Operating Procedures and ensure the safety and security of staff working under her/his supervision in line with the Security Management plan (SMP) and Safety First guidelines.
Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, WASH, Nutrition, Agriculture, Rural development,DRR and other relevant fields of studies with three and six years relevant experience in an emergency and/or development context respectively;
Experience of managing multi-sectorial teams
Financial management capacity and experience of donor compliances
Good analytical, monitoring and evaluation skills
Excellent ability to write good quality reports in English.
Minimum of 3 years NGO Experience
Excellent networking, representation and coordination skills– INGOs, UN and government agencies.
Flexible, reliable, culturally sensitive
The ability to work in teams/ isolated situation and stressful environments and under pressure meeting deadlines.
Initiative and be able to work with minimal supervision
Managing emergency/emergency recovery and/or integrated development programme.
Good administrative skills
Knowledge of at least two sectors- WASH, Agriculture, Nutrition or Health
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining their experience and education fit this vacancy, please note that no need to submit your supporting documents: