Finance/Accounting Jobs in Ethiopia
Entry Level/Fresh Graduate Jobs in Ethiopia
EthioChicken is a leading distributor of chickens to rural farmers in Ethiopia. We are a rapidly growing Company that believes in investing in our employees and offers them opportunities for career advancement. Ethiochicken is an Ethiopian based company.
Our vision is to bring healthy and affordable eggs and meat to every Ethiopian family, and in doing so improve nutrition, enhance rural farmer livelihoods, and create income opportunities for our customers and partners.
Under the supervision of Senior Accountant, the Junior Accountant is responsible for the collection, payment and deposit of cash and checks, handling of day to day cash related transactions and correspondences including petty cash, checks and other funds.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure the availability of adequate petty cash funds for all our companies to cover
pipeline requests on daily basis;
· Prepare disbursement summary for each of the companies prior to
· Prepare payment vouchers, checks, and bank transfer letters based on the
approved payment request and effect payment after verifying the completeness
of presented document in respect to Ethio Chicks policies and internal control
· Regularly visit the bank to collect Cash Payment Voucher (CPO), bank advices and
· Prepare and issue withholding tax receipts for applicable payments;
· Submit withholding and income taxes to the relevant tax offices within the
· Ensure procurement documentations (Bids, Purchase order, GRN and Invoices)
attachment to vouchers stamped ‘PAID’ or ‘REPLENISHED’ after effecting payment;
· Assist to update and keep financial documentations and record in appropriate
record keeping formats;
· Perform other job related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor and
assist the finance team in other routine activities as required;
· Processing of business license, investment license, business registration,
· BA Degree in Accounting/Finance
· Knowledge of Peachtree accounting
· 0-2 year experience
· Must be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, while maintaining a
positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
How to Apply
Only candidates meeting the above required qualifications are invited to send their applications letter(cover letter) including a detailed CV through: email@example.com Please write the position you are applying for in the subject line of your application. Application that don’t have a subject line will not be considered.