Finance Officer at International Rescue Committee - IRC
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Ethiopia
Finance/Accounting Jobs in Ethiopia
NGO Jobs/Nonprofit/Social Services Jobs in Ethiopia
Jobs at International Rescue Committee - IRC
International Rescue Committee - IRC
Salary: 17,664 ETB /month plus 15% transportation allowance
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 and is implementing integrated, community-managed programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recover of livelihood of disaster-affected population’s through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions and emergency response. Currently IRC is operating in the Benishangule, Tigray, SNNPR, Oromia, Gambella and Somali regions on Emergency Response, refugees’ assistance and livelihood projects.
Under direct supervision of the field office Finance Manager, the Finance Officer has the overall responsibility of reviewing and supervising of accounting transaction and assist in implementation of finance polices & procedure.
Key Roles Responsibilities:
- Ensure the implementation of finance policies, procedures and systems and recommend any amendment based on the situation of the field office.
- Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines.
- Review all payment documents for proper and adequate backup as per authorization level.
- Attend & participate in trainings identified/organized your technical supervisor.
- Ensure the collection and timely settlement of taxes as per government regulation
- Ensure the timely settlement of advances and payable
- Review monthly payroll and insure the accuracy of payroll every month.
- Review all payment documents for proper and adequate back-up.
- Review and ensure all Adama office documents and Spread sheet for accuracy and completeness before you send to Addis every month.
- Send monthly financial report & documents on time.
- Make sure all advances recorded and settled every month before finalizing monthly closing.
- Upgrade and keep neatly the field office documents in a consistent manner.
- Review bank reconciliation monthly, and closely follow up on long outstanding checks and take necessary action.
- Make sure documents are filed sequentially & labeled according to the report
- Check payments done through online system
- Check online payment clearance done for the month
- Send monthly and other interim finance reports to finance manager.
- Prepare cash forecast monthly.
- Use and facilitate to users Monthly Balance sheet reports sent to Addis Office every month.
- Give orientation to newly hired staff.
- Supervise, update Job description and give on job trainings for finance staff under supervision.
- Manage overall activities of department and follow up things ahead to run the program smoothly.
- Liaison with bank on all banking issues.
- Perform evaluation for the staff under your supervision on time.
- Assist Finance manager in any finance issue at field level.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
Key Working Relationship:
Adama Finance staff, Field Manager, Adama Program and Support staff and Addis Finance staff.
- Masters/BA Degree Accounting, Finance, Banking, Business Management and related filed.
- 4 years of relevant experience with the first degree.
- 2 years of relevant experience plus post graduate degree.
- NGO experience is a plus.
- Very good knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of accounting software applications advantageous.
- Must have good command of both spoken and written English
- Proven Ability to handle workloads and to work under pressure
- Supervisory/ basic managerial skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
- Excellent analytical and report writing skill
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address:
- IRC Adama office P.O.BOX: 1731
- Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
- Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
- Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
Name of the position you have applied for
Date of application
Summary of your qualifications and experience
Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)?
If answer is “yes”, give the following information:
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.