Junior Accountant - vacancy at Fintrac Inc. Ethiopia
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Finance/Accounting Jobs in Ethiopia
Fintrac is looking to hire Accountant for the Feed the Future Ethiopia Value Chain Activity National Office in Addis Ababa. The activity will contribute to the government of Ethiopia’s objective of improving agricultural productivity and the commercialization of smallholder farmers through an inclusive approach that integrates nutrition-sensitive interventions and climate-smart agriculture with value chain development. The five-year activity will work across key value chains of maize, coffee, chickpea, dairy, and livestock. The Accountant will be based in Addis Ababa and reports to the Finance Manager.
· Prepare check, bank wire transfer letters and payment vouchers.
· Deducts withholding taxes before payments;
· Record VAT receivable from payments and prepare VAT refund form to submit to USAID;
· Code and enter all data into QuickBooks including verification of all source documents for proper approval/authorization prior to entering into QuickBooks;
· Maintain all financial document in such a way that easy access is possible;
· Verifies and prepares all check after ensuring availability of sufficient bank balance and current USD exchange rate to cover the required payment documentation and authorization is presented to effect payment;
· Ensures that required documentation and authorization is presented and amount collected is deposited into the bank’s account: verifies documents for accuracy and then prepares Cash Receipt Voucher and attaches appropriate source documents;
· Replenish Petty cash, follow bank transaction;
· Prepare and pay monthly payroll taxes as well as withholding taxes on time;
· Scan all finance documents and upload on Dropbox weekly;
· Give secretarial support for Admin & Finance;
· Follow up and settle travel advances on timely bases;
· Assist in payments of participants Perdiem on events in the fields; And performs other incidental duties as assigned;
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance
At least two years of experience in Accounting and Finance.
Experience in USAID projects.
Good understanding on Accounts and Finance Activities
Work experience on QuickBooks software
Ability to work independently
Proactive and problem solver
Strong organizational and time management skills
How To Apply:
If you meet the required qualifications please send (i) cover letter and (ii) CV by email to the following address - email@example.com before March 3, 2018.
On the subject line, please clearlywrite the positionyou are applying. Your application will be automatically disqualified, if you fail to do so.