NGO Jobs/Nonprofit/Social Services Jobs in Ethiopia
CIFA is an international NGO with over 30 years of commitment in protecting the rights of the most vulnerable children.
Working in Ethiopia for over 10 years, CIFA works in migration and environmental protection sectors supports the access to primary and secondary education, especially for girls; fights against the worst form of discrimination and supports women’s economic empowerment.
Position code: PMA_SINCE
Duty Station: Dessie, South Wollo Zone, Amhara Region
Required profile: Project Manager Assistant
Starting date: March 2018
Terms of Reference
The 24 month project is called “LINKING AND UPSCALING FOR EMPLOYMENT”, in the frame work of the “SINCE” program - Stemming Irregular Migration In Northern and Central Ethiopia, cofounded by the European union (EU)-Migration Trust Fund For Africa, contracting authority Embassy Of Italy In Addis Ababa.
The project implemented by a Consortium of local and international Ngo’s, lead by EDUKANCE Foundation, aims to reduce the irregular migration from Ethiopia.
The two specific objectives of the project are:
1. to Improve access of target group to quality TVET trainings and descent employment opportunities in Amhara region through the promotion of partnership between private sector, public institute, TVETs;
2. to improve capacity of industrial clusters of companies in the textile-garment, metal and construction sectors to create additional different job opportunity.
The Project manager Assistant will be based in Dessie and he/she will support the project manager in the activities implementation according to the donor guidelines and rules in north wollo, south wollo and oromia special zone.
- Project management:
· planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and supervising the implementation of interventions and activities in north wollo, south wollo and oromia special zone, according to the project goals;
· ensuring the respect of the action plan and budget;
· coordinating and supervising the project staff;
· liaising with the local authorities at filed level;
· ensuring a constant and punctual reporting, communication and information flow to the Project Manager on the ongoing activities;
· supporting the Project Manager on narrative reporting to the donor and the Local Authorities;
· coordinating and supervising the technical data collection;
· ensuring the implementation of administrative and financial procedures according to the donor guidelines and policies;
· handling financial planning and budget according to the activities implementation in order to submit timely the fund request to the Project Manager;
· supporting the Project Manager on preparing the required documents for audit;
· ensuring visibility requirements as per donor policies and collaborating with CIFA Office in Addis Ababa for the implementation of visibility actions.
- Relationships and stakeholders:
· relationships with the local partners and authorities on project implementation;
· participation in cluster meetings and other coordination meetings with local or international stakeholders related to the project intervention, keeping the Project Manager informed and up-to-date.
· degree on social sciences and/or economics;
· knowledge of the Project Cycle Management;
· at least 5 years experience as coordinator, preferably previous experience with international NGOs, in the relevant field of work;
· experience on job placement and economic women empowerment;
· experience in project monitoring;
· narrative and financial reporting abilities;
· good abilities in relationships with local and institutional partners;
· excellent knowledge of written and oral English is mandatory (knowledge of the language will be subject to a verification test).
Job contract duration: 1 year renewable, with a 45 day’s prohibition period
Salary: The salary will be commensurate with the experience of the selected candidate and according to the organization salary scale.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfil the above requirements for the indicated vacancy are invited to submit their applications sending motivation letter (maximum 1 page) and CV (maximum 3 pages) by e-mail to: email@example.com subject: PMA_SINCE
At least two verifiable references are mandatory. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.