FIN/ HR ASSISTANT job at Medecins Sans Frontieres Spain
Medecins Sans Frontieres Spain -Ethiopia
Human Resources Jobs in Ethiopia
NGO Jobs/Nonprofit/Social Services Jobs in Ethiopia
FIN/ HR ASSISTANT
Job at Medecins Sans Frontieres Spain
Execute administrative tasks and do follow up of project accountancy, according to administration manager’s indications and MSFprocedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and keep a strict control over monetary resources.
• Execute administrative and legal related tasks, under supervision of the Finance/HR Coordinator, checking payroll calculations and updating personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payments.
• Implement cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, and ensure cash availability.
• Prepare employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
• Enter data into the HR database and personal files and keep them up-to-date in order to facilitate HR processes management.
• Update Social security Tax office employee files in order to meet legal requirements and duties.
• Draw up monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
• Draw up the final pay slip and employment certificate at the end of a contract in order to meet legal requirements while defending MSF ’s interests.
• Follow up all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
• Assist the Finance Coordinator in the prevision of monthly treasury and planning in order to ensure the coverage of daily needs, advances on salaries, payroll, etc.
• Process the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the administration manager of any sort of disparity.
• Carry out all accounting tasks and activities in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
• Make all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.)
• Classify and prepare all accounting pieces as requested by the Finance Coordinator.
• File the accounting documents and enter the accounting pieces in the accounting software, with the support from the Accounting Manager (ACMA).
• Ensure that all travels from field – project are organised together with the coordination
• Assist department heads and supervisor in the drafting of their annual holiday plan and follows up the balance of outstanding leaves in the project and anticipates when necessary.
• Make the administrative follow-up of staff sick leave, annual leaves and other and ensure all documentation is completed timely and according to the procedures.
• Ensure that all new employees are sufficiently briefed by all departments and make general admin briefing on HR policies for all new employees
• Submit Monthly Admin/Finance reports
• Support in translating documents into local languages as required.
• Filling gaps in Emergency/Regular projects as required and to cover absences during holidays etc.
Desirable finance, business or administration related degree/diploma.
• Essential previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs.
• Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
All applicants should send a CV & cover letter in person to MSF SpainAddis Ababa/Project Office or by email to: MSFE-ADDIS-HR@barcelona.msf.org(please indicate the title of the position: FIN/ HR ASSISTANT-JIGJIGA) in the subject of your mail/applications.