IT/ICT/Information Technology Jobs in Ethiopia
Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia is seeking a Youth and Gender Advisor to provide technical leadership and management for its programs portfolio in Ethiopia that aims to strengthen the health system at all levels to support the governments’ Health Sector Transformation Plan. The candidate will provide technical oversight and strategic program development and management assistance for all programs’ gender and youth initiatives. The Advisor will develop a youth and gender strategy for the organization and adapt/develop training material and tools for use in community and service level interventions. In addition, the position will oversee the implementation of a sexual and reproductive health project with a strong emphasis in youth and gender. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working in Ethiopia and with gender integration in the health sector, including conducting gender analysis and providing technical support. The position is based in Addis Ababa Country office with 20% travel in the country.
I. Job Summary:
Ethiopia Country Office seeks to recruit an IT Officer. The IT Officer will be in charge of developing, and maintaining the Amref IT-systems and infrastructure. He/she is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Ensure that all the local area network (LAN) and computers are compliant to the Amref ICT policy. IT Ofﬁcer is expected to take proactive steps to ensure that all ICT related equipment are running trouble free. He/she relates on technical issues and networks the IT Manager on questions regarding ICT infrastructure, equipment, software and maintenance of these. IT Officer will be working in the office as Helpdesk together with other IT staff in the office.
· Perform infrastructure design and implement to ensure compatibility and operational with Amref's LAN and WAN requirements;
· Administer the Infrastructure and systems which includes, virtual servers, storage, backup, databases, emails, users’ accounts, firewalls, security applications etc.
· Design, implement, and maintain Virtual Servers;
· Secures network systems by developing and/or implementing/enforcing policies, network access, monitoring, control, and maintaining documentation;
· Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems.
· Prepare backup and disaster recovery plan and perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary;
· Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups;
· Patch application and OS with current security updates and hot fixes. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary;
· Manage the configuration and operation of client computer operating systems;
· Participate in the definition, designing, testing and implementation of new Information Technology (IT) hardware and software standards for Amref based on user requirements and in accordance with the strategy and direction. Resolve any Hardware (PCs, Routers, switches, Servers & PABX) Configuration related problems;
· Test and configure all new equipment, particularly notebooks, desktops, and servers, to ensure compatibility with Amref requirements and standards;
· Provide equipment preventive maintenance and carry out a regular evaluation of current hardware/software in order to provide a timely replacement schedule or upgrade;
· Provide users supports;
· Log user issues for escalation either to the IT manager or product/service supplier;
· Facilitate and provide IT training to all Amref staff for effective utilization of Amref core systems and new products;
· Undertake regular IT support visits to Field/Regional offices for on-site as well as remote support;
· Maintain software and hardware inventory.
· Ensures that Information technology security is ensured in the best interests of Amref Health Africa IT security information protocol and in compliance with USAID/Amref Health Africa policies;
· Frequent travel to Amref field offices
I. Education and professional certification required
· First degree in computer science, Information Technology, and other related fields
· At least 5 years of relevant experience in network administration and systems setup and administration
· CCNA/CCNP ( Cisco Certified Network Professional ) security certification
· ITIL Training and certification
III. Skill Requirements
· Firewall and other connectivity devices (routers, switches)configuration and management
· VPN configuration
· Wireless technology configuration
· Virtualization and Server OS and Disk configuration and management
· Microsoft exchange and Office 365 configuration
· Backup configuration and tools usage
· Service desk applications usage
Terms of employment: one year
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Required number: - 1
If you would like to join Amref’s team, please quote the position, reference number in the subject matter and send your CV and application letter with remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees, through Etrecruitment@amref.org or to the Human Resources Department, Amref Health Africa by P.O Box 20855/1000, Addis Ababa.
The closing date for submitting applications is 15th March 2018. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Note
Telephone call to the office is strongly forbidden.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.