Area Sales Manager-Benshangul for Assosa, Ethiopia
Sales Jobs in Ethiopia
Job by EthioChicken
Area Sales Manager-Benshangul(Asosa)
Ethiochicken is a leading distributor of chickens to rural farmers in Ethiopia. We are a rapidly growing Company that believes in investing in our employees and offers them opportunities for career advancement. Ethiochicken is an Ethiopian based company.
Our vision is to bring healthy and affordable eggs and meat to every Ethiopian family, and in doing so improve nutrition, enhance rural farmer livelihoods, and create income opportunities for our customers and partners.
The Area Sales Manager is a key role that works close to the market for Ethiochicken and is primarily responsible and accountable for recruiting new agents/growers and support further development of existing agents in the specifically assigned working zone and woredas. The Area Sales Manager Ensures consistent sales growth through appointment and capacity building of agents at each woreda and Kebeles, technical support for agents and management of stakeholders at every level. The position demands high level of professionalism, relationship skill, commitment and motivation as well as requires intensive travel in the territory for monitoring and sales maximization. This position is performed with little supervision and requires initiative, high energy and judgment, consistent hungry for results and to work under pressure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop specific plans to ensure sales growth and agent appointment in the territory
· Collaborates with Division Sales Manager and RSM to develop sales strategies to improve market share in all product lines.
· Map how to achieve sales volume through prioritizing to make big achievement with minimum effort and shorter time.
· Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly sales targets for his specific zone.
· Plan promotion activities in the territory working with central marketing team
· Plan to reach all woredas with agent coverage in his specific area.
· Achieve sales volume of DOC and poultry & cattle feed in the region.
· Own and manage the VPDA distribution system and DA incentive system; works for the success of the system
· Help on developing channels for feed distribution.
· Increase number of DOC agents in the specific territory.
· Work with zonal and woreda gov’t officials to ensure 45 days chicken off take from agents
· Communicate information on competitors’ products for pricing and product.
· Implement promotional and public relations activities developed by marketing team
· Follow-up on all sales opportunities within a timely manner.
· Conduct ongoing market assessment and recommend any required change in tactics and strategies.
· Carry out any other duties as requested by your Line Manager and other senior management team
· Lead, manage and motivate the sales representatives to achieve and exceed targets and KPI’s through support and supervision, training and coaching.
· Assists sales personnel in establishing personal contact and rapport with top echelon decision-makers in the government structure.
· Identify skill/knowledge gap of sales team and coordinate to provide training
Monitoring and Evaluation
· Make frequent travel to woredas to expand market and sales growth
· Holds regular meeting with WCs and guide how to win in the market
· Reviews progress of sales roles by woreda/zone.
· Provides monthly results assessments of WCs productivity
· Track agents performance against leading indicators, continually reevaluating partnerships
· Make regular travel in the woredas and get first hand market dynamics and provide supportive supervision for WCs and agents.
· Bring to the attention of operation manager any matters which are considered to be rectified immediately of any complaints on feed quality, above standard mortality of chickens.
· Track and report on VPDA and Woreda coordinator performance on weekly basis
· Develop good working relationship with key sector government officials and professionals along with Division Sales Manager.
· Represent the company on all sector related meeting and activities
· Have updated government regulations policies and directive which affects our business
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
· Exceeding volume growth targets
· Help at launching poultry and cattle feed through appointment of distributors
· Increased order size and optimized purchase cycle on DOC.
· Established strong and reliable agents which drive our business and start to deliver to farmers by themselves.
· Recruit, trained and deployed vibrant WCs who derive sales function
· Develop strong relationship with sector government structure which support our business
· Attain highest score (4/5) on customer service index.
· Achieve 15 chickens per VPDA six months after implementing
· BSC in Veterinary Medicine
· Fresh Graduates
· knowledge of MS Office - Word, Excel and internet usage;
· Must be able to meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude;
· Demonstrate ability to lead and manage staff
· Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
· Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
How to Apply
Only candidates meeting the above required qualifications are invited to send their applications including a detailed CV through: firstname.lastname@example.org Please write the position as "Applying for ASM" in the subject line of your application. Application that don’t have a subject line will not be considered. You can also send your application through: