NGO Jobs/Nonprofit/Social Services Jobs in Ethiopia
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Woreda Team Leader
CARE Ethiopia’s mission is to work with poor women and men, boys and girls, communities and institutions, to have a significant impact on the underlying causes of poverty in Ethiopia.
Date: March 7, 2018
Vacancy No. 020/18
Salary: USD 992
No of positions; 1(one)
Type of Employment- Regular
Duty base and Position: East Hararghe Field Office, Dire Dawa
Dead Line: 10 days from the date of advertisement
Objective: The purpose of the DFAP Woreda Team Leader (WTL) is provide overall leadership, coordination and supervision and implementation of the program including commodity management in the woreda. S/he ensures Government and CARE’s project implementation; monitoring, evaluation guidelines and plans are followed in the woredas to effectively contribute to the achievement of DFAP project results.
Planning and Implementation of Program Activities
- Facilitates and ensures that the plan at woreda/ kebele/village level is prepared with full participation of the community and partners;
- Ensures that planning and implementation of the project activities are in accordance with the program principles, approaches, and procedures of the organization;
- Ensures targeting for livelihoods, food security and safety net project beneficiaries are made in participatory manner;
- Works closely with woreda partners in planning, implementing and monitoring and evaluation of the project activities;
Monitoring and Supervision and Capacity Building
- Ensures that the public works, livelihoods and food security activities are being implemented according to the technical specification set together with partners and time schedule and also within the limit of the planned budget;
- Supports and coordinates needs assessment, woreda partners, kebele and village level community institutions, for the capacity building in relation to food security and safety net implementation strategies, methodologies, and activities;
- Together with the partners develop a capacity building plan and facilitate training courses, cross visits and apprenticeships.
Ffacilitates Learning and Net Working
- Establishes firm and institutionalized working relationship with local officials, community institutions and other stake holders;
- Keeps up to date the development in the sectors, including best practices examples in country and ensure ongoing personal development and learning;
- Prepares regular project progress up dates at woreda level and discuss with representatives of the woreda;
- Develops appropriate reporting formats together with the facilitators and other relevant technical staffs;
- Collects monthly and quarterly performance reports from the lead facilitators;
Staff Supervision, Coaching and Team Building:
- Supports supervisees to set personal and project performance objectives;
- Conducts performance review and appraisal of the employees under his/her supervision according to the policy of the organization.
B.A Degree in Agriculture, Economics, Sociology, Agricultural Extension, Agricultural engineering, Health Science or other related fields
3 years’ experience in community participatory project implementation or related activities.
Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, building partnerships, stress tolerance, building commitment, coaching, interpersonal skill, operational decision-making, planning and organizing, information monitoring.
How to Apply
If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment and contribute to CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision, please forward your: CV (not more than 3 page) and cover letter (not more than one page) to HR.ETHJobs@care.org, hardcopy/paper applications will not be accepted.
Note: On the subject Line, please clearly write the position you are applying “Woreda Team Leader”. Your application will be automatically disqualified, if you fail to do so.
Passionate and dedicated candidates who meet the requirement are strongly encouraged to apply, especially women