Program Coordinator for Addis Ababa | ICT Officer - Customer Support for Harar
World Vision Ethiopia
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
IT/ICT/Information Technology Jobs in Ethiopia
NGO Jobs/Nonprofit/Social Services Jobs in Ethiopia
Job Vacancies at World Vision Ethiopia
As an International Christian Humanitarian Development organization, World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is trusted to deliver community service through its 58 Area Development programs (APs) located in seven regional states of the country. Currently, WVE envisions a thriving organization where our improved business processes come together to transform and model organizational leadership built on sustainable practices. WVE is looking forpersons who fulfill the following qualifications.
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Location: Gullele, Addis Ababa
Purpose of the Position:
The Area Program Coordinator’s primary responsibility includes providing leadership, management, planning, budgeting, activities implementation, reporting, monitoring & evaluation of all World Vision’s interventions (Sponsorship, PNS & Grant) within a defined geographic area (normally AP) according to organizational policies, donor regulations and community expectations for the improvement in child wellbeing. S/he will support in concept papers and proposals development, programs design as well as evaluation. S/he will be responsible for AP level documentation of learnings and best practices and sharing of the best and promising practices. S/he will be responsible for timely tracking of project implementation, gathering data regularly, analyzing and synthesizing the data and preparing regular AP level updates.
- Assure that the AP projects are implemented in line with Technical Programme standards and processes of LEAP 3.0.
- Ensure that Sponsorship in Programming (SiP) and child protection standards are adhered to and adequately integrated into programming both at design/redesign stage and annual operation plan for community transformation.
- Lead the preparation of quality and timely program and project design for the AP irrespective of funding sources & ensure proper implementation of DME policy by working closely with TP officers, finance and sponsorship teams using LEAP approach, DPA, HORIZON & other strategic initiatives using centrally shared materials, procedures & tools.
- Prepare quality and timely monthly, quarterly, bi –annual and annual projects/ programs report together with annual budget, and facilitate program/project monthly funding and review financial reports.
- Ensure that both Evaluation and Audit (Finance and Risk Based) recommendations are timely responded to, fully implemented and progress is reported quarterly.
- Ensure that all systems and approaches such as Horizon, LEAP, SiP, SingleSTEP, Sun6, etc., are adhered to for program effectiveness.
- Assure that all projects meet the government of Ethiopia standards and approvals are in place before implementation.
Program Execution and Financial Accountability:
- Ensure that communities and staff are empowered to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate the program activities for quality and sustainable development.
- Ensure that all the APs funding streams are implemented within 90%-100% of plans. (Annual spending vs budget, Activity plan vs realized)
- Assure that the APs activities are monitored in relation to their ITTs and that lessons are discussed, shared and acted on.
- Coordinate the proper implementation of programs/projects of all funding streams as per Detail Implementation Plan (DIP) or other planning documents.
- Enforce stewardship and accountability by ensuring that resources are efficiently and effectively utilized within the program/project for the intended purpose and to minimize risks.
· Ensure proper utilization of program funds as per DIP.
· Closely monitor the ADP budget as per allocated budget.
· Adhere with internal control and ensure all staffs comply with financial internal control.
· Ensure that materials, supplies and equipment and other assets are managed according to support service guidelines.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Undertakes all projects’ and programs’ monitoring and reporting including AMR, SAR and other reports using set performance indicators irrespective of funding sources by working closely with sector technical Officers using appropriate monitoring and reporting tools and methodologies as required by respective stakeholders in a participatory approaches as required.
- Maintains detailed schedules of activity and budget implementation tracking systems for activities monitoring and budget utilization for each project.
- Uses appropriate data management systems, analyses data, aggregates data to the required level and synthesis results for report writing using appropriate and relevant tools.
- Use WV systems and procedures including HORIZON and other NO’s established protocols.
- Facilitates all projects’ and programs’ evaluations within the AP operational area by liaising with MEAL Department, Support Service Division (SSD) at NO, concerned project manager and the CPO irrespective of sector or sources of funding.
- Ensures proper coordination with respective stakeholders including the woreda government offices and participation of targeted local communities as required.
- Ensure evaluation reports are shared with concerned stakeholder in the operational area for learning and future use.
- Assure the AP facilitates transformed/biblical world view and translate it into community mind set for sustainably improving child wellbeing.
- Assure the APs actions empower community to change the mindset towards development.
- Assure the APs actions build awareness, and action on issues in relation to child protection including violence, neglect, abuse and violence.
- Assure the APs actions empower the community to identify, plan and implement actions to improve the wellbeing of children.
Other Attributes and responsibilities
Have a ‘can do’ mindset and ability to work with a team to figure out the ‘why, how, who, what & when’.
Understanding of World Vision’s development programs;
Good understanding of transformational development
Be rooted and able to form a connection to the community – and must demonstrate passion for living and working in the AP area.
Be empowerment focused as opposed to service delivery.
Must have outstanding oral and written communication, presentation and networking and partnering skills.
Must be willing to perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Minimum Qualification required: BA/Bsc Degree in Development Studies. An advanced degree in Social Sciences related to development work is preferred. Master’s degree is an advantage.
Experience: At least three years’ work experience in NGO environment or development related field; with regards to designing, planning, implementation, supervising and reporting on integrated development, emergency and advocacy projects and at least 2 years’ experience in managing complex grants and programs/projects with significant experience in overseeing large multi-year program.
Participatory Program and Project Designing, Monitoring and Evaluation Experience;
A strong aptitude for organizational change, innovation, learning, team building; and
Preferred: Working experience in community development.
Technical Skills & Abilities:
Computer skills - data collection and analysis using computer packages like Epi-info, SPSS, MS-Word, MS-Access, MS-Excel
Demonstrated ability in supervision.
Able to contextualize development models in an innovative way.
Able to engage religious leaders of all faiths by mobilizing them to promote holistic development.
Experience in working with donor funds, sponsorship operations and grants funding.
Working knowledge of disaster management, emergency preparedness, monitoring and evaluation, sphere standards are added advantage.
Good planning and organizational skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must require to fill employment application form only found here and email before the closing date of this announcement only to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org
To represent ICT Cluster Program Office( CPO)s management team and provide technical advice & support to the CPO and its respective Area Programs (APs) in IT services.
ICT Officer-Customer Support staffs are responsible for managing and responding to customer requests by diagnosing and resolving problems and for supporting the ongoing technology needs of all employees by providing Level 1 help desk support for CPO requests, and assisting with leading and coordinating the activities of the client technology services and support area of IT by escalating and follow up to Level 2 and Level 3 support as per the SLA. These staffs respond to requests for IT support, logging problems, generating trouble tickets, attempting to diagnose and resolve problems, and if necessary, escalating the problem to the appropriate level of expertise. They are responsible for documenting solutions to problems and developing end-user guidelines. On an ongoing basis, they work to improve customer support processes and practices. In addition, they evaluate and recommend client software and hardware and give inputs for purchasing new or upgraded products.
Major Responsibilities include
1. Service as first point of contact for day to day technical support to end users. Provide Service Desk Support for the staff by analyzing, troubleshooting, and documenting for resolution of reported user problems as per the committed Service Level Agreement in professional and courteous manner.
2. Administer and Support Essential Business Systems, in-house applications and other applications to ensure availability at all times.
3. Install, configure, maintain and support all software, hardware, LAN, Lotus notes mail and databases, and ensure the availability of adequate connectivity to make sure all ICT services are accessible reliably. justifications for corrective maintenance, follow up and conduct acceptance test as required
4. Ensure Information and Data Security of the user data, ICT systems and resources.
5. Facilitate ICT skills building for CPO and AP staffs to increase their competence in the use of partnership applications (Horizon, Our People, Sun6, Single STEP, etc), ICT Services and in-house applications and ICT productivity tools such Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), Lotus Notes, WebEx, Skype, etc. Provide orientation on ICT services, processes, work procedures, standards and policy.
6. Engage with the program staff to assess and capture innovation requirements in APs like ICT4D projects, waste management, suggesting other usable tools, etc and participate in the implementation and monitoring of innovation projects
7. Support procurement of ICT goods andservices
8. Ensure the implementation of ICT policies, standards, and procedures at CPO and AP level as per the National and global ICT guidance.
9. Perform preventive and remedial maintenance, IT asset management and provide status report as per set schedule and guideline by ICT manager on ICT equipment and timely escalation of malfunctioned ICT equipment to HO.
Fast thinker and able to make rational decisions even under pressure
Fast learner and always a step ahead in terms of quality and timely delivery of IT services
Committed and loyal person
Able to communicate effectively verbal as well as written with documentation and reporting skills
Exhibit professional ethics in handling confidential information, uses ICT systems, passwords and resources as per the policies and requirements of World Vision Ethiopia/International
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Qualification required: BSc in Computer S., Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or related fields
Experience: minimum of 4 years
Technical Training qualifications
Required: certified A+, Network +, MCP training.
Preferred certified in A+, N+, MCP, CCNA, MCSA
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Cluster Program Office based with planned travel to APs and Non-AP sites
Travel: 50% Domestic/international travel is required.
On call: 30%
Additional Requirements: Committed to the organization’s vision, mission and core values
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to fill the employment application form (you can get this form from here and email on or before the closing date of this announcement to Alemayehu_Regassa@wvi.org
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.
World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is an International Humanitarian Christian Organization whose objective is to provide holistic and integrated development and emergency response programs in the country. WVE National Office has an immediate opening for the following positions for person who fulfills the following qualifications.