Agriculture & Marketing Officer (2) at FH Ethiopia
NGO Jobs/Nonprofit/Social Services Jobs in Ethiopia
Agriculture & Marketing Officer (2)
FH Ethiopia, a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities, would like to invite potential candidates to apply for the following position:
Position: Agriculture & Marketing Officer (2)
Duty Station: Assosa and Bambasi Woredas, Scaling up CA Project
Duration of Contract: One year contract (Renewable with 45 days probation period)
Closing date: 23, April 2018
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Agriculture Marketing Officer will be responsible for coordinating all agricultural marketing related trainings and market linkage activities at project level, implementation of market linkage activities between conservation agriculture target farmers and traders at different locations. He/she will be primarily be responsible to plan, coordinate the implementations of market linkage businesses in the CA project target area and beyond for the benefits of target farmers and the whole communities.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The main duties and responsibilities of Agricultural Marketing Officer are indicated as follows:
· As project field team member, play active role in the project activities (marketing and market linkage related) annual planning and scheduling meetings; and periodic plan revisions.
· Identify training needs, organize and facilitate trainings for community workers, development agents and target Conservation Agriculture (CA) farmers on marketing and market linkages of farm inputs and crop produces.
· Identifying genuine input suppliers and facilitating access to CA farmers to purchase farm inputs in groups organized voluntarily.
· Strengthen existing CA farmers’ aggregate groups, facilitate the formation of new aggregate groups and empower them to run profitable grain production business.
· Collect up-to-date grain marketing information and inform target CA farmers and help them make profit margin analysis in order to decide the type of CA crop to be planted in their own farms.
· Identifying potential grain traders at central and regional market centers and establish strong market linkages between grain producing CA farmers and traders/buyers through different meetings and forums.
· Conduct training for grain producer groups of CA farmers on post-harvest grain storages and handling in order to minimize/avoid grain damage.
· Assess up-to-date technologies of grain storage materials and encourage grain producer target CA farmers in order to minimize losses.
Support project manager in the area of Livelihood (business & marketing) design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
· Supporting self-help groups (SHGs) in the project target areas in building their capacities in running business development schemes to improve their livelihoods.
· Conduct entrepreneurship trainings for SHG group leaders to increase their capacity on income generating/profitable businesses.
· Collect periodic market price information and supply to the grain producer CA farmers in the project target areas.
· Compile periodic progress report on market linkage and submit to the project manager and others as required.
· Undertake any other activities as assigned by immediate supervisor
· Education - BSc. in Agricultural Economics or Agricultural Marketing.
· Experience- Three years of relevant work experience, preferably direct field based experience in similar position with smallholder farmers. NGO experience is highly preferred
· Training- Trainings on Conservation Agriculture, CSA, Climate Change
Women Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Competent candidates can submit ONLY their application and CV to: