NGO Jobs/Nonprofit/Social Services Jobs in Ethiopia
Vacancy at Population Council
The Population Council seeks applications from highly experienced, active and self-motivated Program Officers to be based in Shashemene, Awassa and Bahir Dar Cities for a forthcoming project on education for marginalized girls funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID).
Program Officers are responsible for team leadership, project management, and supervision of project partners and staff at the regional level. The Program Officer will ensure compliance with the requirements of the donor and ensure efficient management of all project’s resources. S/he will ensure quality of results and timely completion of all required site level deliverables and lead the coordination and collaboration with key local stakeholders and implementing partners. The successful candidate will have a track record of strong, pro-active leadership and program management experience; good interpersonal skills and communication skills, with the ability to work independently and in a high-pressure environment.
· Takes the lead in the implementation of the project at the regional level.
· Work with partners to prepare detailed regional level implementation plan for proposed activities and ensure timely execution.
· Ensure that partner organizations perform as per the work plans and sub-grant specifications, ensuring high quality, participatory and inclusive education, as well as successful transitions to formal educator or productive livelihoods.
· Recruit and trains mentors and supervisors in collaboration with all concerned bodies.
· Strictly ensure the safeguarding of all children and adolescents engaged in the project activities, ensuring that all staff and affiliates are familiar with the child protection policies and procedures.
· Ensure close coordination between the Project and Population Council Addis Ababa office to ensure timely and effective delivery of project commitments.
· Support and coordinate closely with the Project Director to build and sustain strategic partnerships with regional government stakeholders and ensure sustainability goals are met.
· Ensure region-wide compliance with recordkeeping and reporting, ensuring that staff and affiliates at all levels maintain accurate and timely reports and submissions.
· Prepare progress reports in a timely manner based on Population Council and donor requirements.
· Conducts quarterly project advisory committee meetings and writes the reports on the finding of the meeting for decision making and implementation improvements.
· Any other duties assigned by the Program Director
Competencies and Qualifications:
· Masters in education, gender and development studies, public health, or a social science.
· Excellent, pro-active management and leadership skills and experience in managing large and complex programs in the field with marginalized populations and multiple partners.
· Excellent understanding and experience with project budgeting and management of project resources, ensuring strong financial controls at all levels of implementation.
· Prior experience working on DFID-funded programs, preferably in the area of basic education, gender or reproductive health is an asset.
· Experience in managing ethical procedures and child safeguarding policies and procedures.
· Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to collaborate with a wide range of partners including government, private sector, local and international NGO partners.
· Fluency in English and Amharic with excellent writing and communication skills.
· Ability and willingness to travel often in the region and county level.
How To Apply:
Applicants who meet the above requirements can apply through the following address within 15 consecutive working days from 8:00am-5:00pm starting from the date of this announcement. You can send your non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining how your previous work experience and skills fit to this vacancy and a copy of other supporting documents and salary expectations via Ethiojobs website, or drop by our office physically. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Address Population Council Heritage Plaza Building 4th floor Near Brass Hospital, opposite the Tanzania Embassy on the Bole Medhanealem Road Tel 0116631712/16 Addis Ababa