Reporting to Supply Chain Manager, the Supply chain Assistant-Transport is responsible for ensuring the overall supply chain activities on transport management, driver and guards supervision. The supply chain assistant-Transport must be proactive on delivering the necessary tasks as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
1. This position which requires high caliber leadership and operational skills. The position holder is expected to work smoothly and with integrity among filed program and operation team as well as with Addis supply chain team.
The detailed duties and responsibilities of Supply chain Assistant-Transport include the following:-
· Responsible at field office for the weekly and daily transport schedule, including allocation of vehicles.
· Keep proper records of fuel and maintenance costs for vehicles and motor bikes on a monthly base and produce proper reports of it.
· Make sure that the standard IRC vehicle management policy procedures are known and respected by drivers, riders and users.
· Prepare proactive planning of vehicle maintenance, repair and service for all vehicles and motor bikes in the Field Office.
· Identify and request staff benefits including uniforms safety equipment’s and materials for drivers, guards and motor bike riders.
· Identify training needs and carry out regular training to all drivers in collaboration with Senior Transport Officer (based in Addis) on basic vehicle mechanic skills, daily vehicle inspection on safety driving, defensive driving, etc.
· Maintain the upkeep /updates vehicle record systems.
· Submit monthly fleet and material reports to Supply Chain Manager in the field office. This should include availability; utilization, maintenance, fuel and tire cost summaries and a narrative of the field offices fleet and recommendations. The material report should also include an evaluation of stock movement and recommendations on materials to be ordered and disposed.
· Monitor log sheet and other vehicle documents of Hawassa Field office drivers on a daily basis and motor bikes periodically ensuring that they are filled in properly. Submit on a monthly basis to Supply Chain Manger.
· Monitor maintenance costs of all IRC fleet submitted by maintenance provider and compare with previous months/years. When variances are found report and justify the reasons.
· Monitor and comment on the performance of all IRC drivers including motor bike riders semiannually.
· Ensure that spare parts fitted to IRC vehicles are genuine and the costs are within market rates.
· Ensure that the vehicle fleet is insured at all times throughout IRC operation, checking insurance costs on a yearly basis and make any necessary recommendations to SCM.
· Ensure that IRC vehicles are checked annually in accordance with Ethiopian traffic regulations.
· Implement tire tag system and maintain tire tracking sheet properly.
· In consultation with SCM evaluate vehicle availability and utilization and recommend change to fleet size in accordance with project activities.
· Ensure safety of IRC vehicles and workplace–checking driving skills on a regular basis; checking safety of vehicles, machinery and electricity in workplace are correctly maintained.
· In case of accidents happen in follow necessary procedures (insurance company, traffic police, incident reporting etc).
· Maintain and keep record of hard copy filing system of vehicle maintenance records for all vehicles and motor bikes in the field office, log sheet and other vehicle related documents.
· Ensure that all drivers and authorized IRC vehicle drivers have valid and up-to-date driving license.
· Be responsible for driving IRC vehicle in cases where there is a shortage of drivers for IRC related business up on request only.
· Ensure that drivers full fill health and safety regulations as per IRC's supply chain and personnel manual.
· Ensure all IRC fleet have a first aid kit, fire extinguisher, jack wheel –brace, necessary tools and spare tire vehicle at all times, all in good condition.
· Ensure the suitability of rental vehicles and fully oriented before they are sent to the camp offices.
· Supervise drivers and guards in the field office.
· Any other related duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
2: Staff management
· Preparation of drivers and guards’ objective setting for new and existing staff
· Preparation and submission of midterm and annual performance objective of drivers and guards.
· Prepare guards’ time sheet preparation and submission to HR on timely manner.
· Prepare guards’ shift schedule.
· Closely follow the procurement of drivers and guards uniform
· Closely follow drivers and guards leave plan
3: Sharing other supply chain related assignments with other supply chain staff
· Accomplishes other duties as assigned by the Supply chain Manager and Filed Coordinator
Cooperates with other supply chain staff related to field supply chain activities
Diploma/Degree in Auto mechanics, Logistics and Transport Management or any other related field from recognized university, College or TEVT.
Minimum of 3 years relevant experience for diploma and 1 years for first degree.
Very good knowledge and experience in Microsoft Word and Excel software application.
Having Valid 3rd grade driving license is advantageous
Must have good command of both spoken and written English and Amharic.
Proven Ability to handle workloads and to work under pressure.
Give attention to details
Adaptability: working in a multi-cultural environment.
Excellent representational skills
NGO Experiences plus
How to Apply
· Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address: IRC, P.O.BOX 1320, Hawassa.
· Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
· Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
· Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications and experience
· Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
· Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
· Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)?
If answer is “yes”, give the following information:
Recruiter of the position Hawassa HR/Admin
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.