- Keeping electronic data base of all properties, He/she is responsible for proper handling of store materials and equipment.
- Support office administrative activities under the supervision of Admin and Human Resource Unit.
- Ensuring that the necessary office supplies are available;
- Make sure that all project materials are available in stock and notify in time the responsible officers.
- Receiving and keeping record on stock card of all purchased materials and equipment
- Issues requested materials based on the authorized stock requisition form
- Coordinate the loading and unloading process of goods when arrival and dispatch
- Initiate purchase requisitions (PR) at reorder level (EOQ)
- Propose disposal of damaged, obsolete, and expired materials
- Control the safety of the stores and report incidents on time
- Arrange store items according to nature.
- Ensuring that stock levels are recoded correctly on bin and stock cards
- Make sure that all equipment’s are in proper functioning state and ready for redeployment.
- Compile and report the status all inventory materials and equipment;
- Reports damage, organises and monitors the service and repair of office equipment
Support for administrative activities (Facility officer)
- Ensure that all health and safety procedures are operational in the program office.
- In consultation with the responsible person or officer, arranges office space, furniture and equipment for new staff before recruitment and avail office spaces based on requests;
- Responsible for the repair and maintenance of office equipment and office facilities.
- Liaises with individual contractors for maintenance of mal-functional office furniture, equipment’s, and fixtures.
- Oversees the activities of Security guards and housekeepers;
- Work closely with security guard’s leader to ensure the overall office security.
- Work closely the respective personnel for the smooth operation of office compound including telephone, internet, electricity, and water bill for each month.
- Issuing and receiving of supplies and equipment’s
Other duties/additional tasks
- Assists in and/or carries out other project activities and any other tasks according to needs, as assigned;
- Job Requirements:
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Diploma in procurement and supplies management or similar qualification from a recognised college.
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies related software, and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Good knowledge of English language
- How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their application letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or to the following address:
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
P.O. Box 100009
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Fax: 011 554 0764
The name of the position for which the application is made should be clearly marked on the envelope or on the fax applications. Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Applications from qualified women are encouraged