International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) Ethiopia
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Administration/Clerical Jobs in Ethiopia
NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks to recruit an Administrative Assistant to join the Eastern and Southern Africa Office Division (ESAO) team in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
IFPRI is one of the international agricultural research institutes organized under the CGIAR Consortium. The mandate of IFPRI is to identify and analyze alternative national and international strategies and policies for meeting world food needs in ways that conserve the natural resource base, with emphasis on low income and on the poorer groups in the countries. With a vision for a world free of hunger and malnutrition, IFPRI’s mission is to provide sustainable solutions for ending hunger and reducing poverty.
Main uties & Responsibilities:
· Handles all secretarial responsibilities and duties for the office;
· Handles and account for petty cash payments;
· Assists with preparation of technical and financial reports and submissions as needed;
· Manages, reviews and responds to internal and external communication flow, including drafting correspondence and responding to queries;
· Maintains and updates collaborators’ contacts information and coordinates distribution of materials and information;
· Liaises with ILRI departments; Finance, Supply Chain, Housing and Catering, Transport Pool, Engineering and Maintenance Facilities Units to obtain services and goods required;
· Provides administrative support to research staff and assists in communications with partners on project implementation;
· Arranges travel of IFPRI staff and collaborators for meetings and training in Ethiopia and abroad;
· Arranges visas and other travel documents;
· Assists with maintenance of asset database;
· Maintains proper filing and other office management systems;
· Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
· Diploma in Secretarial Science, Office Management, Business Administration or other relevant field of study from a recognized university or college.
· At least Two years of relevant work experience.
· Efficiency with use of Microsoft Office tools and other computer programs/skills;
· Excellent verbal and written command of English;
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
· Ability to interact positively and maintain good relations with ILRI and IFPRI staff as well as partners/collaborators;
· Possess excellent interpersonal communications skills and participate as a team member in accomplishment of tasks;
· Highly effective planning, organizational and multi-tasking skills with a positive attitude and strong administrative service orientation;
· Good judgment and a high level of respect for confidentiality.
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Job level: 1C.
Monthly Base Salary: Birr 9,610 (Negotiable depending on experience, skill and salary history of the candidate)
Terms of appointment: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position and the appointment is for threeyears. The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc.
The ILRI campus is set in a secure, attractive campus in Addis Ababa. Dining and sports facilities are located on site
How To Apply:
Applications: Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number: REF: AA/26/18 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com on or before 24 August 2018.