Volunteer (Monitoring Assistant)
VA No.: 86962
Post Duration: Three months (with possibility of extension).
The World Food Programme (WFP) is United Nations frontline agency in the fight against hunger, WFP is continually responding to emergencies. We save lives by getting food to the hungry fast. But WFP also works to help prevent hunger in the future. We do this through programmes that use food as a means to build assets, spread knowledge and nurture stronger, more dynamic communities. This helps communities become more food secure. On average, WFP aims to bring food assistance to more than 80 million people in 80 countries.
WFP Ethiopia is working with the Government and humanitarian partners to strengthen the resilience of Ethiopia’s most vulnerable population and to chart a more prosperous and sustainable future for the next generation. The Country Office also supports programmes that use food assistance to empower women, transform areas affected by climate change and keep children in school. It aims to contribute to Ethiopia’s five-year development agenda, the Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP), through which the Government combats food insecurity.
These jobs are found in Ethiopia Country Office, based in WFP sub and field offices. Job holders typically report to Programme Policy Officer, Programme Associate, Head of sub office or the designate depending on the concerned Sub-Office structure.
Job holders are expected to support in producing organized and accurate technical work and reports.
To perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and assist in producing reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive):
- Support in verifying the planned movements and distribution of food or non-food items, reporting issues or discrepancies to the supervisor for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of commodity movements and programme checklists, in order to assist in the effective delivery and distribution of food items or non-food items.
- Collate assistance programme(s) data in accordance with clear direction, in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
- Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners and beneficiaries to support identifying programmatic issues.
- Assist in providing guidance for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
- Work with supervisors to consolidate and maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation and contribute to the weekly/biweekly and monthly Sub office operational/situation reports.
- Participate in regular data cleaning to ensure accuracy of information and reports.
- Liaise as required with programme and logistics units to track and consolidate planned vs actual movements and distributions status information on time.
- Participate in data collection for House Hold economic analysis.
- Perform other duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completion of secondary school education. Fresh graduate in the field of statistics, economics, international affairs, business administration, social sciences, and development is desirable.
- Previous volunteer experience in the relative business stream is desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledgeable in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- General knowledge of monitoring and evaluation systems and standards.
- Has some data analytics and visualization skills (through any database management/ data analysis package such as SPSS, STATA, and SQL).
- Knowledge of pastoralist area.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English. Knowledge of the local language is added advantage.
How to Apply
WFP is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply on-line through WFP recruitment
This VA is open ONLY to Ethiopian Nationals.
Public access: http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
Please note that WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 23 August 2018