Healthcare Jobs in Ethiopia
NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
Job Main Purpose
Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population
• Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
• Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
• Identifying Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive the necessary treatment. Knowing and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
• Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort.
• Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration)
• Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed .
• Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorisation, etc.)
• Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
• Supervising and training nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
• Participating actively in team medical meetings regularly
• Accopmyning referred patients to higher care medical facilities ensuring proper admission and medical care is inistuited.
• Ensure that regiters are properly filled with essential patient data respecting completeness and time.
Education: Essential recognized nurse degree/diploma Desirable Bachelor in Science of Nursing
Experience: Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s
Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting.
Languages: Local language essential. Mission language desirable.
• Results and Quality Orientation L1
• Teamwork and Cooperation L1
• Behavioural Flexibility L1
• Commitment to MSF Principles L1
Stress Management L2
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants should send a CV, cover letter, educational records, work summary ,work certificates and copy of id. Card either by email to msfe-addis-HR@barcelona.msf.org (please indicate ¨On the subject box: the vacancy title, ¨your name¨ and ¨specific location that you are applying for¨ or ON THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR COVER LETTER)OR give in person to MSF Spain Addis Ababa and project Offices.
PLEASE PROVIDE A SUMMARY TABLE OF YOUR WORK EXPERIENCES ( e.g. 10 months as...in.... , 3 years in ... as...) , Those applicants that do not comply with these instructions will not be considered.
Posting date: September 14 , 2018
Closing date: September 23, 2018
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF