Clinical Officer at Medecins Sans Frontieres Spain
Medicins Sans Frontiers
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Healthcare Jobs in Ethiopia
NGO Jobs in Ethiopia
Organizing and ensuring medical consultations to the target population providing treatment to patients within the scope of his/her medical competencies and referring them when appropriate, according to MSF referral protocols, procedures and the universal hygiene standards in order to guarantee quality and efficiency of the service provided.
• Ensuring the implementation and standardization of MSF clinical policies, tools, and hygiene protocols in order to minimize clinical risks and to guarantee the quality of patient care management.
• Promoting and maintaining confidentiality regarding all patient cases and records
• Implementing diagnosis, prescription and prevention procedures that fall under the scope of his/her competencies applying medical knowledge, asking appropriate questions to patients and following protocols in force as well as using laboratory services when necessary, in order to ensure a correct implementation of the medical treatments and to refer patients when appropriate.
• Participating in the planning and supervision, in close coordination with other supervisors, the HR processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, evaluation, development and communication) of the team in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, improve people triage capabilities, their motivation and commitment and their active participation in teaching the targeted population on therapeutic and preventive protocols.
• In cases of emergency, carrying out first aid care and treatment according to protocols in order to reduce mortality rates
• Recording in the individual patient’s card and registration books, all performed medical activities (drugs prescribed, lab results, vaccination status, epidemiological activity, doses, etc.) keeping data traceability in order to ensure patients treatment continuity.
• Participating in data collection and reporting when required
• Knowing and implementing Patient Therapeutic Education (PTE), i.e. keeping contact with all patients, providing them information regarding their health state and responding to their questions.
• Knowing and promoting the proper application of Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit and Sexually Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
• Ensure referral of patients when appropriate according to MSF standard and protocols to higher medical care facilities with proper referral and cover letters.
• Participating in team meetings and briefing when required
• Preparing and submitting all necessary medical reports in timely and complete manner, including, patient registers post mortem reports and medical certificates
• Ensuring all workforce under his supervision are performing their job according to their job description respecting MSF principals, including the proper working time and working shifts
• Perform any other duties as assigned by hierarchical manager
How to Apply
All applicants should send a CV, cover letter, educational records, work certificates and copy of id. Card either by email to msfe-addis-HR@barcelona.msf.org (please indicate ¨On the subject box: the vacancy title, ¨your name¨ and ¨specific location that you are applying for¨ or ON THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR COVER LETTER)OR give in person to MSF Spain Addis Ababa and project Offices.
PLEASE PROVIDE A SUMMARY TABLE OF YOUR WORK EXPERIENCES ( e.g. 10 months as...in.... , 3 years in ... as...) , Those applicants that do not comply with these instructions will not be considered.
Posting date: September 14, 2018
Closing date: September 23, 2018
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF